Have You Been Faithful To Your Thai Wife

Neeranam

257 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always believed it was actions that are important. How can you stop thinking? That's why some of us were given a brain. So we could make choices. Do you think a monkey is unfaithful if he bangs every cute monkey he sees? I know the monkey has a brain, and sometimes I think it's better than ours. I'm not specifying sex here. I think it was misspelled and you meant "guy." I'm really not to sure what you meant to be honest. If you're right, and all you have to do is think it, then I'm in a lot of trouble.

Edited by Shotime

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doe it give the OP a sense of moral righteousness in the fact that he has never had a bit of 'slap-and-tickle' with another woman during the course of his 8 year marriage?

I say, lets tackle more pressing issuse, like the economy, the price of basic foodstuff, the increasing price of oil, the environment, etc, etc.

Yes, a little bit, to be honest, but not the intention of the thread. I don't judge people on their sexual behaviour. I used to cheat on past girlfriends but I was very immature back then and full of self-importance, selfishness and self-centredness. I have grown up in this area, I believe, and repect myself for it. I was interested in the actual number of men who cheat on their Thai wives compared to the Western world. I've met many guys who seem to think that Thai women don't care, or maybe they show less respect to them. In most cases I've known where the woman knew, she didn't do anything because of the huge financial support she got from her husband - she didn't have a choice really.

None is making you reply in this thread. There is plenty bandwith for you to start a topic on really interesting topics such as the economy and price of oil.

I believe the purpose of living is to help others. If I can't do that, then I try not to hurt them.

Why oh why do some people ask such personal questions on a public forum? What a man does or does not is a highly personal matter and should not be divulged and disected on a public forum.

Who gives a toss whether a bloke is faithful or unfaithful to his Thai wife? What's the significance of such a discussion? Will it make the world a better place to live? Doe it give the OP a sense of moral righteousness in the fact that he has never had a bit of 'slap-and-tickle' with another woman during the course of his 8 year marriage?

I say, lets tackle more pressing issuse, like the economy, the price of basic foodstuff, the increasing price of oil, the environment, etc, etc.

Yea,i'm up for tackling that! What one shall we tackle first? The Economy?

Why oh why do some people ask such personal questions on a public forum? What a man does or does not is a highly personal matter and should not be divulged and disected on a public forum.

Who gives a toss whether a bloke is faithful or unfaithful to his Thai wife? What's the significance of such a discussion? Will it make the world a better place to live? Doe it give the OP a sense of moral righteousness in the fact that he has never had a bit of 'slap-and-tickle' with another woman during the course of his 8 year marriage?

Yea,i'm up for tackling that! What one shall we tackle first? The Economy?

Discussing the environment would be fun :o

I remember a while back how a guy who lived in Thailand, but was married to a western girl, posted about how he employed many Thai women in his company but found none of them attractive. He claimed that Thai women did nothing for him. He failed to mention that his wife also liked to read the forum and that he was posting under duress - probably reading what he was writing over his shoulder. :o

It is not inevitable that all Western men in the presence of Thai women are going to cheat on their Western wives and girlfriends. Maybe not on THIS board, but certainly not in all of Thailand.

Have I had sex with someone other than my wife? Yes.

She just happens to have a relaxed natural view of sex and a man’s desire for something new from time to time. She’s not into some sort of open relationships or threesomes (nothing wrong with that if it rings your bell) – she just told me upfront that she wasn’t interested in putting me in a cage and just wanted honesty in return.

Somewhere up this thread there were some good comments about Asia overall – where I do think there is a less judgmental view of sex not framed by the concept of sin that’s more of a western concept. A Singaporean co-worker told me once about her husband “If I don’t know, it didn’t happen”. I suspect that’s a more common view here in Thailand and across Asia than you’d find in the west. Do they rather nothing happened? Yeah I’m sure in most cases but I do think it’s more accepted and less judged. In my experience I think the issues with extramarital sex here have more to do with face than with sexual morality.

In the West, it is not the component of sin we are talking about here, but of fairness and a different idea of commitment and love. Since many of us work, it is not enough that you bring home a paycheck. Mutual respect is also not a gift that you have showered on your wife or she on you, it should be a given.

The real question here, and for Asia, is if the same generosity and tolerance is extended to married women who want something "different" from time to time. I think not. So don't couch this in terms related to religion, unless male privilege is a religion.

Expected to see lots of new members in this topic!

well you'd want to be pretty stupid to do other wise if your tilac uses the computer...

"tilac" is something Indiand have on their foreheads.

You mean "tee rak" :o

Again, moot point, but your tenacity is admirable. Go have a gluten-free beer - oh wait - you can't get those in LOS can you. :o

Have fun cheaters, at least until the knife falls. :D

I'm typically a serial monogamist with bursts of promiscuity in between relationships.

I've had wealthy hi so girlfriends who have told me its alright to go with other girls as long as I wear a condom and they don't find out, so I dismiss the allegation that its purely a phenomenon of poor women sacrificing fidelity for financial security. I remained faithful for personal reasons.

My longest relationship was 8 years during which I was faithful apart from a couple of periods where we temporarily broke up. (Cue Ross from Friends - "We were on a BREAK!") Although that GF took what I thought was the smartest strategy to ensure fidelity which was to make sure I never left the house for a night out drinking with the guys with a "loaded gun". Much more likely to be successful than nagging or threats!

Currently about 2 months into a new relationship and been faithful and don't expect this to change.

I basically take the view that I don't want her to screw around so I won't do it either.

Although that GF took what I thought was the smartest strategy to ensure fidelity which was to make sure I never left the house for a night out drinking with the guys with a "loaded gun". Much more likely to be successful than nagging or threats!

A clever turn of phrase! :o

She just happens to have a relaxed natural view of sex and a man's desire for something new from time to time.

And you believe that ofcourse :o

Seems to me she has her priorities sorted out and puts more value to economic stability than fidelity, allowing her to condone your escapades.

If my wife told me it wasnt a problem if i wanted to sleep around i would just know that the love was gone,..can any of us men say that we would /could give our wives permision to sleep around ?

Have You Been Faithful To Your Thai Wife

yes, actually the only time i am not faithful to my thai wife.....is when i am with my other wives.... :o

lol .Good one, at leased you a being faithful with in the wive’s.

Don’t go straying to single women now!