Travel Times

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while, and I was going the other way, but actual road time was about 20-30 minutes in light traffic. Give it a half hour to get thru the airport and find a taxi at bkk if there are no long lines at passport control or the taxi stand. Figure from there.

Best to err on the side of caution. Give yourself the extra time (plan for the worst, hope for the best). Better to sit at Don Muang for an extra hour or two, rather than miss a flight altogether.

I generally budget an hour from when the plane lands until I've got my bags and am out of the airport (especially when travelling economy class).

As thatguy mentions, at least 30 minutes to get from Swampy to Don Muang. For a domestic flight, the recommended check-in times are two hours before the scheduled departure.

So, landing at Swampy at 23:50, I wouldn't book a flight out of Don Muang until maybe 3:30 am. If things go smoothly, you get to DM early and relax for awhile. If things are bumpy (late arrival, slow baggage handlers, heavy traffic/construction, etc), then you should still be able to make it without having a mad scramble.

Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now