New Dvd Drivers

CosmicSurfer

I have Downloaded new updated DVD Drivers from the ASUS web site.

Should I uninstall Old Drivers first through Device Manager, then re-install the same way?

Or can I just click on Driver .exe file in Download Folder?

Will that take care of everything?

Thanks...

CS

Guest Reimar

Should I uninstall Old Drivers first through Device Manager, then re-install the same way?

Thanks...

CS

Many drivers wouldn't work correctly if you "update" leaving the old driver active. I would suggest to uninstall/delete the old driver first before installing the new one.

Cheers.

Thanks...

CS

Hi,

I am a little bit confused as to your reference to "Drivers".  I have both DVD and CD units from ASUS and when I checked for drivers on the ASUS site, there weren't any drivers to download, however there were firmware updates which I was able to download and then flash my drives.  Is this what you mean?  I didn't think DVD and CD units came with drivers anymore, however I have been known to be wrong on many occasions (lol).

Pattayadavid

Guest Reimar

Thanks...

CS

Hi,

I am a little bit confused as to your reference to "Drivers". I have both DVD and CD units from ASUS and when I checked for drivers on the ASUS site, there weren't any drivers to download, however there were firmware updates which I was able to download and then flash my drives. Is this what you mean? I didn't think DVD and CD units came with drivers anymore, however I have been known to be wrong on many occasions (lol).

Pattayadavid

Not Windows but some of the Burning software need a driver for a specific Recorder.

Cheers.

Hi,

I am a little bit confused as to your reference to "Drivers".  I have both DVD and CD units from ASUS and when I checked for drivers on the ASUS site, there weren't any drivers to download, however there were firmware updates which I was able to download and then flash my drives.  Is this what you mean?  I didn't think DVD and CD units came with drivers anymore, however I have been known to be wrong on many occasions (lol).

Pattayadavid

Whoa.... Lucky I started this thread....

OK... I have a firmware update... and I just downloaded the lateset version....

So now what do I do ??

I take it that I should NOT uninstall the existing DVD driver....

The download zip contains an exe.. Do I just click on the exe from the d/l folder and let it install itself...???

Click and Forget about it?

Or is there something more complicated I must do?

Like "Flash" my drives??? Duh??? (Like what's that, man :D )

I just wish these computer had everything straitened out with them.. It's not like we are using modern Technology, is it?

These things have been around for ever.... What has it been.... around 30-40 years, give or take.

They should have all the bugs worked out by now... Wouldn't you think? :o

CS

Do not uninstall driver if you are wanting to only install firmware update.

Yes you only run the exe file and it usually is automatic. Make sure you have proper firmware for your model or you will end up with dead drive.

If you are not having problems sometimes people cause big problems attempting updates.

Hi,

Pattayadavid

Whoa.... Lucky I started this thread....

OK... I have a firmware update... and I just downloaded the lateset version....

So now what do I do ??

I take it that I should NOT uninstall the existing DVD driver....

The download zip contains an exe.. Do I just click on the exe from the d/l folder and let it install itself...???

Click and Forget about it?

Or is there something more complicated I must do?

Like "Flash" my drives??? Duh??? (Like what's that, man :D )

I just wish these computer had everything straitened out with them.. It's not like we are using modern Technology, is it?

These things have been around for ever.... What has it been.... around 30-40 years, give or take.

They should have all the bugs worked out by now... Wouldn't you think? :o

CS

Like ballbreaker said.  If you've ever done a BIOS upgrade, this will be similar, but simpler.

Pattayadavid