Border Pass At Nongkai

I have double tourist visa.Next month, I have to go out thailand ,and come back to use second tourist visa.

I will use airasia to go to nongkai border,

Then I have some questions,

Can I go out thailand and come back soon at border? or Must I stay one night in laos?

What time does the border close at SAT and SUN?

Thanks and best regards!

You cross into Laos and can come straight back again.

You will need a Visa to enter Laos. Can be got at the border cost around 1,500 Baht. Take a couple of photos.

Don't forget you can extend your current stay at immigration in Thailand for 30 days.

Edited by Lite Beer

You cross into Laos and can come straight back again.

You will need a Visa to enter Laos. Can be got at the border cost around 1,500 Baht. Take a couple of photos.

Don't forget you can extend your current stay at immigration in Thailand for 30 days.

help needed ,

i,m here on type o multy entry, that ran out in may i got my last stamp that lasts untill aug 13th. so that will be my full 15 months but i need an extra 30 days ( i have ticket back to u.k on 9th sep )

what is my best way of getting the extra days. do i have to leave thai and go to laos. or can i just go to immigration at nong khai ???

thanks for any help ....martyn.

I believe Nong Khai is 2200 from previous reports here - those taking evening flight to Udon seemed to have time to make the crossing. But have also seen reports that it might have a Lao time factor and actually not welcome last minute crossings so would not count on it being open to the last minute. You should be able to find some mention in older threads.

Sorry ,I dont know the border working time completly,

What time does they close everyday?

A friend and I arrived at the Lao immigration at Nong Khai around midday----nobody at the window--so as we approached-- the window was slid shut-with a sign in english---LUNCH-- :o had to sit and wait till they were ready---when they finally processed us---the passports came out another window-which was promptly closed --and just left there--Just as well we were watching --could have gone missing -as by that time there were a number of people milling around.

Oh --and I was told that I had paid $5 american too much--did'nt get it back tho' :D

Bucko

PS-- they only accept u.s currency for the fees--so I was told ??

I want to use airasia which arrive at udon airport at 17;45PM

So are there many time to go through border?

I'm pretty certain there is a minibus service from Udon airport to Nong Khai.

Failing that you will have to get a minibus to Udon bus station and catch the bus to Nong Khai.

Departures are pretty frequent,about every 30 minutes I think,and the journey takes just over an hour.....not sure what the time of the last bus back to Udon is though.

At the Friendship Bridge you can get a visa on arrival for the Laos border crossing.Cost is 1500 baht but they take US Dollars as well.

If you dont want to be cutting it fine I'd definitely use the Udon Airport-Nong Khai minibus option,if available.