Learning To Play Golf

russianrobert

Certainly if you are wanting to take this up with any gusto and regularity, then do as Gluestick said, find the pro at your driving range. Getting lessons from the start will put you ahead of people such as myself entrenched in bad habits and muscle memory that refuses to be corrected. :o:D

Can anyone tell me the best/cost effective way to learn to play golf here in Bangkok?

Cheers

Yes..go straight to a Pro.

Have a look at videojug.com then Sports then Golf how-to-etc-etc absolutely brillant, wish I had seen these videos years ago..they tell you how and why.

Where in BK are you I may be able to suggest someone.

Can anyone tell me the best/cost effective way to learn to play golf here in Bangkok?

Cheers

Have a look at videojug.com then Sports then Golf how-to-etc-etc absolutely brillant, wish I had seen these videos years ago..they tell you how and why.

I'm living at Thong Lo

Cheers

I'm living at Thong Lo

ok I've sent you a pm

Well, if you are in Bangkok proper, then one of the best teacher's I know of Tony. His number is 0847172587

I believe he now teaches at both Ekkamai 42 range and at Nuan Chan

He used to run a David Ledbetter Academy.

He took a lot of strokes off my score.

Dr. B

anyone with idea on where to learn golf in chiang mai??

This looks like a wonderful course Chiangmai-Lamphun Golf Club - Northern Heritage Resort & Spa

Chiangmai Office : San Kamphaeng-Banthi Rd., Chiangmai, Thailand 50130, P.O. Box 14, 16 Tel : 66-53-880-888 Fax : 66-53-880-880 E-mail : [email protected] Website : www.chiangmai-lamphungolfclub.com

Hope you enjoy!! If I'm in Chiang Mai again perhaps I'll look you up, by the way I'm a 28 handicapper lol :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers

I most definitely agree with previous people on here that you MUST get lessons from a Pro. Whatever you do; DO NOT let any of your golfing FRIENDS try and give you instruction, unless they are a very low handicap (Scratch to 3) player.

It is so easy to pick up bad habits and once you get them into your swing it's the devils own job to get rid of them, so start the right way you will not regret the money spent.

I used to play golf in the UK with a lot of very nice people who would never make a decent golfer as long as they had a hole in their axse, ONLY because they were so blxxdy stubborn regarding having any lessons. They would quite willingly go out and spend thousands of pounds a year (No kidding) on the very latest clubs, expecting this to turn them into a decent golfer - No way - get the lessons it is money well spent and you will never regret it!

I hope that you get as much enjoyment out of golf as the rest of us and when you get down on yourself ( as you will), just remember that the pro's can make right mess of it now and again and they are doing it as a job.

Cheers

I'm living at Thong Lo

Next BTS station from Thong Lor is Ekkamai. A short walk from there you will se driving range, right hand side towards On Nut, next to the Srivikorn school, entrance from Sukhumvit.

They have teachers available, that's where I took my first 6 lessons. Can't remember the price, could be 200-300B an hour and their gear. Automatic golf balls feeding machine - very important, otherwise 60% of your effort (and sweat) would go to bending and positioning the balls for your next shot.

• 5 months later...
anyone with idea on where to learn golf in chiang mai??

The Prem Golf Academy would be my first suggestion. Just because I run it. :o:D I have 24 years of teaching experience with over 15,000 hours of instruction under my belt. I have dedicated my life to acquiring the most accurate information available concerning the golf swing. We have a Thai lady pro (14yrs experience) and a pro from America (over 20 yrs experience). We have an indoor video studio with dual camera capture and V1 Professional Analysis Software. Cover hitting nets for isolating your training, 130 yards short game driving range, huge bunker for long approach shots and a soon to be opened 350 yard driving range.

Other options: I've heard very good feedback about Derek (Canadian pro) at Highlands Golf Course. As far as Thai pros I can humbly reccommend Pro Kitti (Tu) who can be reached, I believe, at Summit Green Valley. Pro A who, I believe, can be reached at the San Sai driving range. These two are problably the most knowledgable of the Thai pros in Chiang Mai. Why? And I say this in all humility, they both trained with me and have taken their instruction to the next level. I'm very proud of them. I don't know all the pros in Chiang Mai and I'm sure there are some fine instructors out there.

Sincerely,

Spike

Director of Golf

The Prem Golf Academy

[email protected]

Edited by Vida

Agree absolutely, lessons are the only way to go imo, especially for women. Once the bad habits are learned from well meaning friends its very hard to correct them, confidence is lost and then its easy to lose interest or just give up. I never looked back after having lessons, and still pay to have refresher/private classes when I can afford it.

In addition, advantages of lessons incorporate how to warm up before playing and reducing injury ( especially shoulder joints), and tips on suitable clubs to buy etc. I wouldnt say I can play well, but I have the confidence to give it a go and enjoy the ongoing challenge of perfecting the skills and techniques of the "swing".

Well, if you are in Bangkok proper, then one of the best teacher's I know of Tony. His number is 0847172587

I believe he now teaches at both Ekkamai 42 range and at Nuan Chan

He used to run a David Ledbetter Academy.

He took a lot of strokes off my score.

Dr. B

Would you have any recommended instructor at the RCA range... having difficulty getting an instructor who can properly explain to me in English...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...