Bamboo Bangalows, Yao Yai Islands

h90

Aoy Loh-Jak, Phang-Nga

Anyone know that place? I met the owner, nice guy but that does not mean that the place is nice....

Thx

Michael

Hi Michael,

I think to get any responses here you might have to be more clear.

You are looking for a bungalow complex on Koh Yao Yai called Aoy Loh-Jak? When you met the owner did you get a business card?

I do business out there but have never heard or seen this place. There are some nice bungalow resorts on the way to Koh Yao Island Resort, sorry I do not know the name, but if one of those is your Aoy Loh-Jak, yes, very nice, right on the beach.

Aoy Loh-Jak, Phang-Nga

Anyone know that place? I met the owner, nice guy but that does not mean that the place is nice....

Thx

Michael

Hi Michael,

You are looking for a bungalow complex on Koh Yao Yai called Aoy Loh-Jak? When you met the owner did you get a business card?

I do business out there but have never heard or seen this place. There are some nice bungalow resorts on the way to Koh Yao Island Resort, sorry I do not know the name, but if one of those is your Aoy Loh-Jak, yes, very nice, right on the beach.

Yes I have the business card, I write the full content, as I don't know what is what.

For privacy reasons I don't write the full name, phone, email.

Name....(U-SOAP) I guess thats the nickname

Manager

Bamboo Bangalows (big nice writing)

Yao Yai Islands, Aoy Loh-Jak

Phang-Nga, Thailand

Thai food, Seafood

(on the left side there is a picture of a Palm with writing: Room for rent 400-600 B/night)

One day tour Phang-nga Bay by Longtail boat to Jamesbond Island

Ping Kan islands, Pan Yee island, Hong Island

at time boat to island from Ao Bang Rong Phuket 10.00AM-15.00 PM

Phone+Email

any usefull?

for me it looks like "Bamboo Bangalows" is the resort name. But could be possible that he offers Bangalows made from Bamboo....

He didn't push his business. He mentioned it AFTER I asked what he is doing. My wife is from the south (Nakhon Si Thamarat) and her mother from Phuket so I don't think he want to get me in a tourist trap.

Aoy Loh-Jak, Phang-Nga

Thx

Michael

Hi Michael,

Yes I have the business card, I write the full content, as I don't know what is what.

Manager

Phang-Nga, Thailand

Thai food, Seafood

(on the left side there is a picture of a Palm with writing: Room for rent 400-600 B/night)

Phone+Email

any usefull?

for me it looks like "Bamboo Bangalows" is the resort name. But could be possible that he offers Bangalows made from Bamboo....

He didn't push his business. He mentioned it AFTER I asked what he is doing. My wife is from the south (Nakhon Si Thamarat) and her mother from Phuket so I don't think he want to get me in a tourist trap.

Seems most of the basic bungalows are on Koh Yao Noi.....

www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/thailand/southern_thailand/phang_nga/ko_yao_noi/all/2774

Here is the place I was referring to on Koh Yao Yai

Further south is Koyao Island Resort, a more up-market set of rooms operated by a Frenchman.

img-2-57-2.jpgJust below this is the oldest establishment here, Long Beach Village, which has about 40 rooms in various states of repair, including a few air-con rooms, and a restaurant. Long-time manager Suthep is friendly, has basic English and is delighted to see every guest. Long Beach does not do much promotion, and is generally quiet or empty. This is PHUKET MAGAZINE’s overnight stop when on shooting trips in the Bay.

On the little headland at the bottom of this same beach is Sabai Corner run by an Italian woman and her Thai husband. They seem to have enough word-of-mouth customers that they manage to do good business without any promotion, and are difficult to contact.

Best of luck !

Aoy Loh-Jak, Phang-Nga

Thx

Michael

Hi Michael,

Manager

Phang-Nga, Thailand

Thai food, Seafood

Phone+Email

any usefull?

Seems most of the basic bungalows are on Koh Yao Noi.....

www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/thailand/southern_thailand/phang_nga/ko_yao_noi/all/2774

Here is the place I was referring to on Koh Yao Yai

Further south is Koyao Island Resort, a more up-market set of rooms operated by a Frenchman.

img-2-57-2.jpgJust below this is the oldest establishment here, Long Beach Village, which has about 40 rooms in various states of repair, including a few air-con rooms, and a restaurant. Long-time manager Suthep is friendly, has basic English and is delighted to see every guest. Long Beach does not do much promotion, and is generally quiet or empty. This is PHUKET MAGAZINE’s overnight stop when on shooting trips in the Bay.

On the little headland at the bottom of this same beach is Sabai Corner run by an Italian woman and her Thai husband. They seem to have enough word-of-mouth customers that they manage to do good business without any promotion, and are difficult to contact.

Best of luck !

Is here a link missing "Here is the place I was referring to on Koh Yao Yai" or is it that above?

By the way is scuba diving there possible? I can't find much anywhere.

Aoy Loh-Jak, Phang-Nga

Thx

Michael

Hi Michael,

Is here a link missing "Here is the place I was referring to on Koh Yao Yai" or is it that above?

By the way is scuba diving there possible? I can't find much anywhere.

Sorry, google Long Beach Village Koh Yao and you'll probably get a site address.

Too slow for dive industry out there this time of year.

Edited by huggybear

there is one dive operation on ko yao noi. ko yao dive and marine runs its operation out of lom'lae beach resort. they have a good setup there and have very experienced instructors with decent equipment and boats.

i can vouch for long beach. suthep is a lovely man.

the reason that sabai corner dont answer emails is more than likely due to the fact that their 'manager' is too slack to answer them. you are better off calling them. and even then, they cant guarantee to hold a room for you.

island resort is lovely.

there is one dive operation on ko yao noi. ko yao dive and marine runs its operation out of lom'lae beach resort. they have a good setup there and have very experienced instructors with decent equipment and boats.

i can vouch for long beach. suthep is a lovely man.

the reason that sabai corner dont answer emails is more than likely due to the fact that their 'manager' is too slack to answer them. you are better off calling them. and even then, they cant guarantee to hold a room for you.

island resort is lovely.

from the dive operator, do you have a webpage/name/emailadress?

I can't imagine how it may look there? I was one year ago at Koh Lipe, if you know that, how is it in compare to it?

thx