Lead Guitarist Wanted In Bangkok

cudaproject

We need a lead guitairst for a new band we are setting up in Bangkok. We currently have a singer/frontman, guitairst, bassist and drummer. All in the mid to late twenties and British.

We are starting a serious band, not really a small bar band. We have own material. Influences; Oasis, Verve, Roses etc.

We have a rehearsel room and potential record company interest.

Please pm me.. Cheers,

We need a lead guitairst for a new band we are setting up in Bangkok. We currently have a singer/frontman, guitairst, bassist and drummer. All in the mid to late twenties and British.

We are starting a serious band, not really a small bar band. We have own material. Influences; Oasis, Verve, Roses etc.

Please pm me.. Cheers,

I think if you check the demographics of most Brits living in Thailand you will find that they are probably a) retired :o employed c) didn't come here to start a rock band or F) are only here looking to get drunk and fight.

I may be going out on a limb here but if you said your influences were more like Rolling Stones, Freddie Mercury or even George Michael, you may be able to find a few more takers.

But good luck to you and your band anyways.

Have you looked into what it's going to take to be legal? To play gigs in Thailand you'll all need work permits and I seriously doubt you'll get a bunch of work permits for a bunch of British musicians. It would require a huge investment as each work permit requires a 2 million baht capital investment and a ratio of 4 Thai nations to every foreigner. I'm not sure if there are loopholes or different requirements for musicians... for your sake I hope there are.

If you're getting together to record and not play in Thai venues you might get away with not having work permits.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

... a ratio of 4 Thai nations to every foreigner ...

Wow! That's roughly 280 million Thais for each WP!

Yeah, yeah, yeah ... he doesn't actually say ''And we're aiming to gig in the usual lame farang pubs/bars'', so WPs may not be required. Record company interest? If it's GMM or RS or whatever, they have enough friends to cover all the bases anyway. If it's a foreign company, I'm sure they'll sort something out.

Just to inject a negative note ... Oasis, the Verve and the Stone Roses? That's a ratio of 5:1 <deleted> to ok-ish influences.

Please pm me.. Cheers,

Its a shame your influences are Indie/rock bands, other wise I would have been interested. I'm British, 25 years old, been playing the guitar and in bands for over 13 years, and the past 5 years I've been a session musician and guitar teacher. I now live in Bangkok, so I could have been what you're looking for, but i'm just not interested in Oasis, Verve, etc (nothing wrong with them, it's just I find it boring to play)

But hey, if I know anyone, I'll let you know, but do they really have to be British? and do you have a website with any demo's? maybe a myspace band page?

I think it'll be hard to find someone in Thailand as most Brit's here are OAP's :o

There are some right negative pricks on Thai visa.. I didn't put the post up to hear about Freddy Mercury, work permits and how shit Oasis are.. I put it up to find a lead guitarist.

Just for the record (no pun intended). We set up the band from finding each other through ads on the internet and newspapers.. so there are people about.. The band is not meant for playing at some country road type place, but to get famous in markets like Japan..

So if you know of anyone out there who can play lead and wants to get famous, tell em to pm me..

Big up

If you want to cater for the japanese market, you should look into getting a Thai guitarist! They are a dime a dozen and there are a lot of talented players in Bangkok. If you need professional recording services at affordable rates in ideallic environment and close to Pattaya night life...pm me. :o

There are some right negative pricks on Thai visa.. I didn't put the post up to hear about Freddy Mercury, work permits and how shit Oasis are.. I put it up to find a lead guitarist.

Just for the record (no pun intended). We set up the band from finding each other through ads on the internet and newspapers.. so there are people about.. The band is not meant for playing at some country road type place, but to get famous in markets like Japan..

So if you know of anyone out there who can play lead and wants to get famous, tell em to pm me..

Big up

Negative no, sarcastic yes - at least in my case. But why not place an free classified ad in BK Magazine, that seems to be the type of media that is into music, bands, djs and the like.

Negative no, sarcastic yes - at least in my case. But why not place an free classified ad in BK Magazine, that seems to be the type of media that is into music, bands, djs and the like.

Cheers, I agree.. Thats how we got the bassist.. Am doing it next week in the BK mag..