Rubber Factory Video

Hello everyone

I have just finished building a small latex rubber factory near Buntrik on highway 4428. I have posted a short video of it on you tube, if anyone wants to have a look.

This is my first attempt at posting a video so n go easy on the poor camera work etc

The vidio is rubber factory issan

JIM

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3moWff-hQ2M

The above link might work. Havn't watched it yet.

Your a sarter man than me and yes it workS. tHANKS jim

Howdee Neighbor,

With my GPRS connection as slow as it is...It wan't that shakey. :o

It looks impressive. Is that a rail you installed in the floor? For? Drying Racks maybe? Are you up and running yet?

I am 20k from Chong Mek on Highway 2396 (runs from Buntharlic to Chong Mek)

Cheers,

Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3moWff-hQ2M

The above link might work. Havn't watched it yet.

Your a sarter man than me and yes it workS. tHANKS jim

Howdee Neighbor,

With my GPRS connection as slow as it is...It wan't that shakey. :o

It looks impressive. Is that a rail you installed in the floor? For? Drying Racks maybe? Are you up and running yet?

I am 20k from Chong Mek on Highway 2396 (runs from Buntharlic to Chong Mek)

Cheers,

Jim

Howdee neighbour

Yes we are up and running, but unfortunetly so am I. I had to return to OZ to make some money to buy latex from the farmers. I am hoping that in 5 or 6 weeks there will be enough coming in to make the place self funding and I can get back. So if you want we could get together for a beer in Bunthrick on my return. jim

Howdee neighbour

Yes we are up and running, but unfortunetly so am I. I had to return to OZ to make some money to buy latex from the farmers. I am hoping that in 5 or 6 weeks there will be enough coming in to make the place self funding and I can get back. So if you want we could get together for a beer in Bunthrick on my return. jim

Sure I would like to catch up with you when you get back. It sounds like it might be close though because I have a job starting up the end of August begining of September in Laos for 3 months so after that I will not be able to be back until sometime in December.

What is the going local rate for raw latex? I mentioned buying latex to my GF and having the family make the smoked sheets but it never got anywhere like usual. I tried to figure out the difference of the smoked sheets and raw latex on rubberthai.com and questioned the 4-5 baht difference and asked if it is really worth all the extra time and effort to make the sheets and smoke them. I must be missing something in the equation because everyone is doing it. If it is that small of a difference would it not be better to utilize that time farming another cash crop besides rubber?

Jim

The price difference between smoked an unsomke is not that great, but the price of cup rubber is about 60 baht a kilo. so I buy latex at 10 baht more than the cup rubber , so about 70 baht per kilo. then run it through the rollers and smoke it. the price of grade 3or 4 ribbed smoked rubber is about 98 baht per kilo in Buntharik. So all in all it's a good profit margin. As I have no compatition {yet} I set the price. I also have 8000 rubber trees and the wifes Aunt has 4000 whish we start cutting in September, which is more than enough to make the factory viable.

The reason for smoking is that it preserves the rubber and if the price is low you don't have to sell. Where the unsoked or cup rubber can be degraded by fungus and will lose value. Jim

Jim

I will have to wait until i go to Bangkok to watch the video.

with ref

Not 100% sure but it happened over 1 year ago and I think someone posted something negative about the king and then it was banned.

This is true, but the ban was for the whole of thailand, and was subsequently lifted, but TOT decided not to lift the ban. It needs everyone to complain to TOT, they are not permitted to ban access to any site without a court order, and they do not have one.

Hello everyone

I have just finished building a small latex rubber factory near Buntrik on highway 4428. I have posted a short video of it on you tube, if anyone wants to have a look.

This is my first attempt at posting a video so n go easy on the poor camera work etc

JIM

Jim how much did you spend on purchasing the land and building and equiping your factory? Looks like you have a nice little earner there

Hello everyone

JIM

Jim how much did you spend on purchasing the land and building and equiping your factory? Looks like you have a nice little earner there

Hello Spiny

Yes I hope it is a nice little earner, but I will have to wait and see. As to how much, so far nearly 3 mil. There are a hel_l of alot of costs that I didn't think of when I started. The electricity transforner set me back 12000 US alone. The land was not to bad at 50,000 bht a rai [on the main road] 10 rai. Though I had help in the form of the local Government saying they would re zone it into industrial land before I bought it. I also had help fron a large company down south, who allowed me to take photos and learn how ther factory operated.

The wife has just told me that the engineer from the companys agency of the government [bangkok] has just finish the inspection and passed most things. I did not realise I had to meet safety and enviromental standards etc.

All seems to be going well, but there is along way to go, as I have yet to buy a truck, forklift etc Though by then I hope to have a steady through flow and the banks can give me credit.

As I said in another post I am back in OZ for awhile, but when I get back anyone wants to come and have a look please come on over. There is a big shortage of Farangs around me. JIM

Hello everyone

JIM

Hello Spiny

Yes I hope it is a nice little earner, but I will have to wait and see. As to how much, so far nearly 3 mil. There are a hel_l of alot of costs that I didn't think of when I started. The electricity transforner set me back 12000 US alone. The land was not to bad at 50,000 bht a rai [on the main road] 10 rai. Though I had help in the form of the local Government saying they would re zone it into industrial land before I bought it. I also had help fron a large company down south, who allowed me to take photos and learn how ther factory operated.

The wife has just told me that the engineer from the companys agency of the government [bangkok] has just finish the inspection and passed most things. I did not realise I had to meet safety and enviromental standards etc.

All seems to be going well, but there is along way to go, as I have yet to buy a truck, forklift etc Though by then I hope to have a steady through flow and the banks can give me credit.

As I said in another post I am back in OZ for awhile, but when I get back anyone wants to come and have a look please come on over. There is a big shortage of Farangs around me. JIM

Farangs come and go. Not many stay more than 2-3 weeks and most that I have seen end up staying in a hotel. :o

That is more of an operation than I initially thought. The wife is interested in the rolling machines. Do you have some pics of them and some info? I have only seen the double rollers powered by hand or a small motor mounted on top.

Environmental standards??? How do you handle the water that that mats are soaked in and contains the acid plus everything else that is released from the rubber? The family's waste runs down the hill into the pond on the farm and I am sure it is only a matter of time before they kill it. I am thinking of buying some concrete rings and sinking them so the excess water will drain into there. At least that might give the pond a longer life but does not seam to be much of a concern so far.

Jim

Hello Jim

Unfortunatly I have no pics of the machine here, but you are not more than 1 hours drive just go have a look. the main roller has 10 rollers so 5 rollers long. I had it built in Rayong. The next machine up is pretty big and would have cost too much for my wallet , maybe the next line. As for the waste water, there are 3 settling ponds. That was one of the things that the Gov Engineer told us we would have to improve, by installing gravel filters between each pond and puting in an airation system. Really just some paddles like you see on shrimp farms.

Yes most people come out my way and stay for a few hours than head back to Ubon,they can't seem to live without hot water, phones,electricity etc. I have to say sometimes I have gone weeks with out speaking to another Farang, thank the gods that they put in roads to my village, now I can get to the Wrong way bar in under 3 hours JIM PS I my have some photos of the ponds, but I have to go to sleep as I have to work again, a most unhappy situation. JIM

Hello Jim

Unfortunatly I have no pics of the machine here, but you are not more than 1 hours drive just go have a look. the main roller has 10 rollers so 5 rollers long. I had it built in Rayong. The next machine up is pretty big and would have cost too much for my wallet , maybe the next line. As for the waste water, there are 3 settling ponds. That was one of the things that the Gov Engineer told us we would have to improve, by installing gravel filters between each pond and puting in an airation system. Really just some paddles like you see on shrimp farms.

Yes most people come out my way and stay for a few hours than head back to Ubon,they can't seem to live without hot water, phones,electricity etc. I have to say sometimes I have gone weeks with out speaking to another Farang, thank the gods that they put in roads to my village, now I can get to the Wrong way bar in under 3 hours JIM PS I my have some photos of the ponds, but I have to go to sleep as I have to work again, a most unhappy situation. JIM

Wrong Way Bar? Have not heard of that one in Ubon. Been on the wagon for the last 8 months so haven't bothered looking either plus it is a good way to keep the socalled local friends out of your pocket. Nothing like drinking one glass and having to buy 3 bottles. :o

Do you live on hwy 4428? I tried to find your place the other day, I looked at my map and can not locate it. There is 2248 and road is next to Krung Thai Bank in Buntharlik.

Get some sleep for that foul four letter word "WORK" Been almost 2 years for myself this round but in little more than a month I might be at it myself. :D

Jim

Hello Jim

The factory is about 10 km out of Bunthrik. From Chong Mek turn left at the bank. 10 km . later you will see a sign on the right hand side, it will say in English Saraah-jane rubber and have some Kangroos painted on it.

I live another 17 km away just off the 2254, which is passed the factory 7km to the police box turn left, then half way to the end of the road there is a small village off the road to the right, but if you don't know where it is you would never find it.

JIM

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The price difference between smoked an unsomke is not that great, but the price of cup rubber is about 60 baht a kilo. so I buy latex at 10 baht more than the cup rubber , so about 70 baht per kilo. then run it through the rollers and smoke it. the price of grade 3or 4 ribbed smoked rubber is about 98 baht per kilo in Buntharik. So all in all it's a good profit margin. As I have no compatition {yet} I set the price. I also have 8000 rubber trees and the wifes Aunt has 4000 whish we start cutting in September, which is more than enough to make the factory viable.

The reason for smoking is that it preserves the rubber and if the price is low you don't have to sell. Where the unsoked or cup rubber can be degraded by fungus and will lose value. Jim

Hi there,

I write to introduce a nutrient for your rubber trees to help increasing yield from 50% to 300% with lower contain of water and at the same time to prevent bark dryness and promote healthier trees. For more information please go through our web site at www.thevitex.com and please do not hesitate to write to me for further question, thank you.

With regards,

Jeffrey Man