13 Year Old Here On Vacation With Father On 1 Yr Retirement Visa

When my brother left to Hawaii to pick up his son he asked immigration about bringing his son back to up to 3 months and was told "no problem". Now he is only staying 45 days but only got 30 day vacation visa. My brother is being told he can only get 7 day extension, otherwise he has to do a run out of the country with his son. This doesn't sound reasonable. Any suggestions?

When my brother left to Hawaii to pick up his son he asked immigration about bringing his son back to up to 3 months and was told "no problem". Now he is only staying 45 days but only got 30 day vacation visa. My brother is being told he can only get 7 day extension, otherwise he has to do a run out of the country with his son. This doesn't sound reasonable. Any suggestions?

What he got was a 30 day Visa Exempt stamp.

Technically his Son will be on overstay but there is no fine for children so can stay with no problem.

If your brother needs another 15 days he will have to do a border run. You did not make it very clear about your brothers situation.

<br />
<br /><br />What he got was a 30 day Visa Exempt stamp.<br />Technically his Son will be on overstay but there is no fine for children so can stay with no problem.<br />If your brother needs another 15 days he will have to do a border run. You did not make it very clear about your brothers situation.<br />

just for my personnal information :

the child will not be fined, but can he get and his parent in trouble if he's caught on overstay, like being deported or anything like that?

thanks.

Not sure about possibility of deportation, but doubtfull since they not give fines.

However with a big overstay the child might have problems returning to Thailand, according to a poster in another tread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Brit-Kid-Par...sa-t196464.html

"1) The exemption from overstay fines is not a law, rather it is a Thai Immi regulation. Regulations are very easy to change. It can change at ANY time. Read the actual law concerning overstays and you'll see it makes no provision for under 15, under 13, under 7 or any other age.

2) This is important. Your child is only permitted 90 days out of 180 days in Thailand on exemption. So if you stay for a year on overstay and then pop out of the country for a couple of days, your child can be refused entry. It happened to me. "

Immigration makes it very clear there will not be any negative consequences and they publicly display such signage at entry points for all to see. If policy ever changes it will be a major event and become immediately known.