Thai Whisky

scotcol

im from scotland got a wife in uttaradit when im thier i get offered lovely homemade whisky.wife tried to tell me how to make but think got lost in translation .anyone know recipe cheers colin. :o

Hi colin, nice to see you like the thai whisky have drunk it several times the home made stuff not too bad I live in Uttaradit (Thai Plat) work 3 weeks in OZ 2 weeks back home with the wife going back on the 8th july for my R&R will ask for the recipe I know there is 2 types of Whiskey up in Uttaradit a rum based 1 and a petrol based 1 well that what it tastes like to me so might see you around Uttaradit cheers Mike

What's the name of this drinkable whisky? The only home made stuff I've tasted up here is more of a rice wine affair. I hope you're not talking about the "Lao Kao", man that really is like drinking petrol!!!!

Sweaty, Just phoned the boss she tells me the petrol whisky which i have tried is called "Lao yadong" suposed to be good for your health and the "old man" the last time i tried it well thats another story, the stuff i tried was fremented rice whiskey but with bits of leaves and tree bark in it, also a small cloth bag soaking in it, in about a 16oz jar looked like a dark rum colour was told not to smoke near the jar, very very cheap!!!! now thats a thought wonder if i could run the motorbike on it, cheaper than petrol!!!!!!!!

Ahhh, the famous tree bark, now I know what it is, the father-in-law offered me a sip a few years ago, god it was rough. It is supposedly therapeutic however I found it almost instant "puke".

Who can forget the Issan tree bark malt, matured in a glass jar for a fortnight.

Ahhh, the famous tree bark, now I know what it is, the father-in-law offered me a sip a few years ago, god it was rough. It is supposedly therapeutic however I found it almost instant "puke".

Who can forget the Issan tree bark malt, matured in a glass jar for a fortnight.

Last time i tried it was about a couple of months ago just before the old man in the village next to the wife's sister ( visting sister) started killing 3 pigs at the same time we were drinking luckly had nothing to eat so was ok but can not drink it like the thai's do they sip it, noo nooo can not, has to go down in one, going back on my R&R on the 8th, we are moving into the new house we built on the 10th, wife has booked the monks for the morning, bloody 7am, and she is starting to get the party organized ,asked her if we are getting some thai w"hisky all i got was silence on the phone (wife does not drink) so think i will be drinking beer chang" but going to try it in the motorbike.

Be careful 'MaD', drinking beer chang in a motorbike has been known to be harmful to health.

Why not try it in a glass like evryone else????? :o:D:D

dont have any glasses yet still trying to buy the bed tv fridge ect told the boss to go out and buy the stuff buts "we wait till i come over" will be over on the 8th but will be knackered 7 hr flight from perth then a bloody 7 hr wait til flight out to phisanluk then 1hr 30 min drive to home so i wont be in any mood to go shopping this is a bit off topic but this is the first house we built i work in OZ mine site normally the wife stays with her sister in the village our house not far from sister so not sure how she will go sleeping in the house on her own when i go back to work any advise would be gladly recived its just we had trouble with the next door neighbor right trouble maker

tasted good for the price 50b one litre. mind you im a scot drink anything.and know one told me had too sip and pass around the first time i tried it.i got a few puzzled looks. was uttaradit 2 months not long ago,wife still there shes giving birth soon.

tasted good for the price 50b one litre. mind you im a scot drink anything.and know one told me had too sip and pass around the first time i tried it.i got a few puzzled looks. was uttaradit 2 months not long ago,wife still there shes giving birth soon.

Thats good news scotcol about the wife when you going back if Iam there will have to wet the babys head with a few Thai whiskeys you live in Uttaradit Iam about 30 min by car on the outskirts (Thai Plat) having a party on the evening of the 10th this month moving into new house so if you are there you are more than welcome to drop in

<br />Hey Scotcol, must be something in the water affecting Scotsmen in Thailand, my son was born just a few weeks ago.<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br /> congratulations sweaty ;wife due 16 august but she wants 12 august reckons she will get money cause its queens birthday i think????i want 12 july to piss off my celtic pals.petty i know.You calling son Jock or Hamish mate.

I have a good friend who lives in Phan. After a few beers he decided on joining the Thais and drink some of that home made stuff. Two shots of it and he was hanging on his fence getting rid of it. He says NEVER again. It costs 25 baht for a big beer bottle full of the stuff. I tasted it while I was there and it is quite putrid. :o