Methanol To Make Biodiesel

mbox

Trying to make own Biodiesel out of used oil ....went through online resources and my question is did anyone try to make it at home and

Where to get Methanol ,which is part of the ingredients for making Biodiesel, in Thailand ? thanks mbox

Trying to make own Biodiesel out of used oil ....went through online resources and my question is did anyone try to make it at home and

Where to get Methanol ,which is part of the ingredients for making Biodiesel, in Thailand ? thanks mbox

mbox,

i'm looking into this also...in the states, any chemical supplier can get methanol in whatever quatities. haven't been to thailand, but i'm sure a business that supplies chemical might be able to help you.

please let us know when you find them.....

Sok

mbox,

i'm looking into this also...in the states, any chemical supplier can get methanol in whatever quatities. haven't been to thailand, but i'm sure a business that supplies chemical might be able to help you.

please let us know when you find them.....

Sok

I use methanol in my science room. We buy it at hardware shops.

Do you have a Thai name for the stuff?

In order to make bio-diesel you need high-purity methanol, you need 99%+, any water content and it isn't suitable.

We made a small amount of bio-diesel in the UK (from new oil) as an experiment, seemed to work just fine. Good instructions here http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html

Edited by Crossy

Do you have a Thai name for the stuff?

In order to make bio-diesel you need high-purity methanol, you need 99%+, any water content and it isn't suitable.

We made a small amount of bio-diesel in the UK (from new oil) as an experiment, seemed to work just fine. Good instructions here http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html

Hi again,

I made yesterday my first 2 ltrs biodiesel(the first try was with off the shelf cooking oil but my plan is to do that with used cooking oil in future)...Methanol is methyl alcohol and under this name i found it here i so far found the one bottle where it says 100 % on front label ....caustic soda (naoh) i found at homex ,i am looking at this Methyl alcohol bottle once more and it is written lion ...so when googling i found this : http://th100655684.trustpass.alibaba.com/

Hope this helps will give you a better more precise update later...first i need to see if the biodiesel actually starts an diesel engine...will try tomorrow...

cheers,

mbox

ok i made some picture of the Methyl alcohol bottle with the mobile phone...hope it helps?

post-39208-1215151691_thumb.jpg

Edited by mbox