Pattaya People News On Tv

Hssl

Having a clash with a Thai station............

Is it sophon being rubbish?

I ve tried re tunning the TV, the picture is great but every few minutes a garbled mess of thai audio blasts in.

<deleted>

PS i am in the soi nern plub wan area

Are you new to the TV remote? we have this with some chanels, if you press 1-2 times the button on the remote with the Roman 2 'II' you will get a better signal.

I believe its a language distribution button.

:o

Edited by Jomtien

Pattaya People News is crap, what can you get out of that? it bores the hel_l out of me when I am in Pattaya. I wish that scandinavian woud learn how to speak English, and as for his interviewing! well... what do you call that?

Pattaya People News is crap, what can you get out of that? it bores the hel_l out of me when I am in Pattaya. I wish that scandinavian woud learn how to speak English, and as for his interviewing! well... what do you call that?

russian b-llsh-t

The sound is bad for me also, has been for 7 years - the picture is ok though. I am Pattayaklang area near 3rd road. It also appears to go slightly off tune sometimes, and its not my TV as i have 3 and they are all the same. The quality is no where near as good as it was for me in the UK, ever.

:o:D He thinks he's wonderful and I think he's one of the owners too!! Met him one time, wouldn't bother again. Now I just change channels, but, have to say I have really good reception here in South Pattaya for all the channels.

have to say I have really good reception here in South Pattaya for all the channels.

Me too, here in Soi Arunothai.. The sound and picture is perfect. It doesn't seem to be something about the area as I know Pattaya girl lives on Pattaya Klang not far from me..

I ve tried re tunning the TV, the picture is great but every few minutes a garbled mess of thai audio blasts in.

I wonder if you’re experiencing a similar problem to one I had years ago in Australia.

I was living near an emergency services HQ. Every time they radioed one of their vehicles I could hear the transmissions through my TV.

I’m just 4K up Soi Country Club.

90% of the time this channel is off tune and in B/W, with the sound also off tune on a newish Samsung LCD.

Most of the other Sophon channels are received with good reception though, apart from the Reality channel.

On my old Samsung TV, (in the bedroom,) PP and Reality are slightly better, although still not good enough to watch for more than a few minutes.

Have a signal booster, and manually tune in all my channels for best reception, but have given up with PP over the last couple of years due to the terrible quality.

mike.

I think you will find it is a function of poor engineering on the part of the cable TV company, they do mess up and get poor co-channel separation (sounds like the problem you are getting) - little you can do about it at your end.

Some TV's are better at filtering the in coming feed to get a 'cleaner' signal and so better sound and image.

....if you press 1-2 times the button on the remote with the Roman 2 'II' you will get a better signal.

I believe its a language distribution button.

Where different audio tracks are availible on the source media (tape/DVD) 'some' (dam_n few if any) broadcasters can transmit the one channel of images with different audio availible on different 'channels' within the transmitted signal. Idealy this would be the case with our local television channels providing different audio carriers with the Thai, English, German, Spanish etc. dialogue for each film shown. But - TIT.

The other button that has a direct impact on the audio is the one that switches between the different audio carrier channel standards used across the world. Although most TVs these days has an auto selection feature so you don't need to bother with it.

If the break through Thai audio is local two way radio traffic (local Ham or police etc.) you might be able to apply filters to your drop down cable from the pole outside feeding your house that offers some improvement. The only way to know for sure is to find out what the Thai voice is saying? If it is interference from a local two way transmitter - I would expect that you would see disruption to the displayed image at the same time.

Futher reading., more, applies to your situation.

HTH