Network marketing in thailand

Tell me more about your project.

I know about network marketing in Thailand.

I have actually written the first book here in thailand about network marketing. it was written on the request from a Minister of a the former Government. It was going to be printed and used for education purposes in high schools and colleges in Thailand. Unfortunately, the Government changed at the same time I finished the book, so now its just collecting dust in my drawer.

But I do know a lot of MLM / Network marketing in thailand

Contact me

Joern

Bangkok Expats Club

[email protected]

Amway is apparently pretty successful. I would also say it depends on what kind of Network Marketing. The standard now in the US is the person I sponsor doesn't sell anything, they just agree to buy, say $100 worth of vitamins a month. The people they sponsor do the same. If that's the kind of company you are involved in, I would say it will take some explaining to the Thais because I think their notion of network marketing is more the Amway strategy-sell your goods to everyone you can and try to sign up people at the same time to do the same.

Also, in my opinion, unless the product is truly well priced and desirable, it can't succeed. If people aren't truly happy with the product they have agreed to buy every month, they will slowly drop out. Also, of course the compensation plan is key. But the market here must be different than in the US where a potential recruit has access to information which allows him to compare hundreds of compensation plans and companies. So here, even if you're paying say 75% through 3 levels, the average Thai may not understand that this is very good. In that sense, it may require some different marketing techniques. Good luck.

Bob is right.

It is very difficult to educate Thai people about the true concept of network marketing. They don't want to learn ,as a matter of fact. They just focus on making fast money...and that they can only do by scamming others one way or another. Thats why some of the successful network marketing / MLM companies are not exactly very ethical.

Hi there,

i think everyone is looking for an opportunity to make a some $$$/€€€ in a fast way. That's not typical thai! And so it sounds not good to me to say thais try to scam others in one or another way.

"They don't want to learn ,as a matter of fact." I think that's a little discriminating, isn't it? Can't agree with that.

Networkmarketing/Multilevelmarketing in my opinion is a huge scam itself. It's about bring people to do the work you have to do in general. So everyone hopes to find a lot of people to recruit. The more people you recruit, the less you have to work yourself, right?

Right product? hmmmmmmm......

Did you ever noticed: products that sold by networkmarketing-companies are premium-priced. So hey, where is the advantage to use that products.

"You need less if you use our product! (amway) " hmmmmm... but for that product i have to pay twice the price of an alternative product. Where is the advantage?

regards exchange1973

Networkmarketing/Multilevelmarketing in my opinion is a huge scam itself. It's about bring people to do the work you have to do in general. So everyone hopes to find a lot of people to recruit. The more people you recruit, the less you have to work yourself, right?

Of course, this is a popular debate. But the US authorities have acknowledged network marketing as a legitmate business prcatice. Its when the product becomes insignificant and it becomes about running money through the sysytem that things go bad. Or as was pointed out, when the products are simply over priced. That's why I pointed out the importance of a product that is truly desirable.

Its ignorant to say that everyone hopes to recruit a lot of people so that they don't have to work. if you study a good compensation system, if I sponsor you,I I can only make money if I help you to sponsor people and those people to sponsor people. The same applies to yourself. So its hardly about getting a lot of people to do work so you can sit back and do nothing. Even if I signed up 20 people, chances are if I sat back and did nothing, they would slowly drop out. They are only going to stay involved if they are making money, which of course makes you money too.

Also the reality is that there are many, many different kinds of companies with different products. Some good, some bad. Saying outright that network marketing is a scam is like declaring the retail industry a scam. If all network marketing was truly a scam, do you think that the companies would be allowed to continue operating in the US? The ones that are scams where it is simply a pyramid with money funneled to the top until it collapses are shut down.

The name of the company is Synergy Worldwide and it started in Japan, but has taken off here in the US during the past year.  It has a totally new compensation structure that the people in Thailand are going nuts over.  We "soft" opened there last month and have over 3000 people enrolled.  I was just curious if that was typical for Thailand, to grasp this type of bsiness opportunity.  Sounds like it depends on the company.  I guess we did something right.  Our "real" launch there is in October.... should be a fun ride.  I have been all over Asia, but never to Thailnad... I am looking forward to the trip.

Sorry, if my previous posting sounds ignorant.That wasn't my intention. But, I think in the last decade all the people involved in organization-research talk about flat structures, decrease of administrative costs.... And this not only true for R&D-, Controlling- and Financedepartment. It's also relevant for all departments involved in "sales". So there is a strange feeling when i hear about complex-structured sponsorships and compensationframeworks.

Why not use new media for that processes. Why not sell over the net. Why not heavy advertise over the net. I think it's more profitable than build up a huge salesframework. I'm not american, i come from Germany. But in Germany those companies deploying a MLM-network enjoy not the best image, because they have the "taste" of the good old salesman who sells vacuum cleaner or insurances, you know?

I think in the millenium of computernetworks such distributionpatterns are not up-to-date.

So please tell us about the product or range of product of this company. What "synergy-effects" the companyname implicits?

regards and GTX from Berlin!

exchange1973

I agree. Almost everywhere in the world Network Marketing has a serious image problem. Mostly because there have been a lot of shady companies. In its most basic sense, rather than spending money on traditional advertising, retail outlets, etc. the company uses network marketing. In this way the money that would have been spent on these traditional sales techiniques can be saved and paid to the members as commissions. The problem is that more often than not (in my opinion) the product is an excuse for running money through the sysytem. Rather than truly wanting the product, people sign up and agree to buy, with the hope of signing up others and helping them to sign up others and so on resulting in $$$.

I don't know about Synergy International. One of the image problems network marketiong has is that everyone always has the best and most revolutionary product. This usually isn't the case, but maybe with the above company it is.

Anyway, I do think the concept of network marketing is sound, but there are so many companies that have abused it and tarnished the name. I personally am not involved because I am turned off by all the hype. But I have been involved before and have studied at length. (Like I said, everyone always has the best product and best compensation system and after awhile it is normal for most people to develop a negative opinion towards te practice). But with a solid product that people would actually buy in normal circumstances (for the same price) it can actually benefit everyone involved and is not a scam.