Renting A Mobile Phone/ Simcard

Patong Bob

I'll be back home (Patong) for a month soon, there used to be a company that rented cellphones. Is it still there or is it cheaper to buy a secondd hand phone and give it away when I leave ?

Bring your own phone one of the Thai networks should work, if not get it unlocked, then buy the Sim :o

I'll be back home (Patong) for a month soon, there used to be a company that rented cellphones. Is it still there or is it cheaper to buy a secondd hand phone and give it away when I leave ?

Bring your own phone one of the Thai networks should work, if not get it unlocked, then buy the Sim :o

If bringing your own phone, make sure it supports at least one of the two frequencies used by the Thai carriers. 900Mhz for 1-2-Call, and 1800MHz for True and DTAC. If it supports only one of these frequencies, then make sure you buy a sim card for the right carrier.

If bringing your own phone, make sure it supports at least one of the two frequencies used by the Thai carriers. 900Mhz for 1-2-Call, and 1800MHz for True and DTAC. If it supports only one of these frequencies, then make sure you buy a sim card for the right carrier.

Just take the phone to the shop ask them for a Sim that works :D

Just take the phone to the shop ask them for a Sim that works :D

The point being if he has a 1900 band only GSM it WONT work on any network :D You MUST have a phone that works on one of the two formats Thailand has !!