My Son Is On A Cp Billboard On Yommarat

KohKarrang

A friend of ours just called us to say he saw our son on a billboard in Yommarat, he stopped his car because he was so excited and he was sure it was our son but we never done a photo shoot with CP so what can we do about this?

You could find out for yourself first if it is indeed your son before parading around Thaivisa on high heels and feathers in your tiara.

(Typically getting anything on a billboard means a very high resolution image; those don't happen without photo shoots.)

And all kids look alike. :o

Maybe the kid on the pic has black hair and brown eye, that should be enough to be sure or?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to answer the missed question, Soi Yommarat is off Silom Road top end not far from Dusit Thani.

Regards

Someone else told me it was near Yawarat, are we thinking of two different places? Soi Yommarat and Yommarat the area? :o I'll find out later when our friend contacts us again :D

You could find out for yourself first if it is indeed your son before parading around Thaivisa on high heels and feathers in your tiara.

Can't get over what a stupid and abrasive comment this is, high heels and feather tiara :o

You've even gone into it later and edited in the 'tiara' bit you thought it was so important a comment :D

perhaps you should find yourself in the 'what are you drinking now' thread sometime soon :D

Area could well be China Town, forgive me running on auto, {multi-tasking ha :o } since I know the Soi very well, and there is a set of billboards close to.

Regards

PS Noting the reply above, the billboard company only rent space, they'll point you back to the space purchaser etc.. As I've noted if you sent an image in, then you may well have lost rights, equally if you were paid for the image in any way you will have lost rights, ultimately go see, get photo and then review.

Edited by A_Traveller

Go to the bill board, if it is your son call the phone # for the ad agency who owns the board.

Tell them they have an unauthorized picture of your son on their bill board and you want it removed. Problem solved.

That is probably what I'd do anyway, thanks Dave.

KK, you do have a very thin skin. You posted originally in a manner which led me and others to assume that there were some privacy concerns. Ultimately we seem to be in a situation that if you'd been paid you'd be perfectly happy to have your son's visage placed for all the world to see, which is a little different in construct. Apparently, you required a macro capable camera to create images, which would imply that your son is very young indeed, and has already been to a number of casting sessions. So in short, this is an actively pursued area of commerce.

If this is your son, and with all due respect children of that age are not so singular in appearance, then you have to look at how you managed, or not, these activities, before jumping to accuse others of unethical behaviour.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

KK, you do have a very thin skin. You posted originally in a manner which led me and others to assume that there were some privacy concerns. Ultimately we seem to be in a situation that if you'd been paid you'd be perfectly happy to have your son's visage placed for all the world to see, which is a little different in construct. Apparently, you required a macro capable camera to create images, which would imply that your son is very young indeed, and has already been to a number of casting sessions. So in short, this is an actively pursued area of commerce.

If this is your son, and with all due respect children of that age are not so singular in appearance, then you have to look at how you managed, or not, these activities, before jumping to accuse others of unethical behaviour.

Regards

I'm not totally sure of how to take your post A_Traveller, I already explained how we came to be in some castings.

erm, yes, erm, we went to these castings as we'd been asked to and didn't quite know what to expect to be honest.

erm, nothing came of them(to our knowledge) and we left it at that, quite some time ago as they weren't as much fun as we'd been led to believe.

As far as the billboard goes, it was my mistake to use the title that I did, I should have entitled the thread 'I think my son is on a CP billboard', my mistake, don't think that's a shootable offence, still ,shoot away.

Anyway, my point now is that IF it is my son then it's cheeky, is it not? That is my only point, I'm not really after compensation, just IF it is my son then surely either we've missed something in the details page whilst at one of the few castings we attended or someone is taking the pi55...

I would be interetsed in the legal aspects of this.My daughters picture was used without permission to advertise her kindergarten,which doesnt bother me that much but still think they should have asked first.Also once we had a guy pull over on a motorbike and take a picture of my daughters when we were out shopping .If the pictures he took had been commercially used could compensation be claimed ?

As for the OP not wanting compensation, why the hel_l not ? I am sure CP can afford it and it could be put to the sons education.If my children were used in such a way i would want some kind of payment and you can bet your life my wife would.

Edited by parryhandy

Also once we had a guy pull over on a motorbike and take a picture of my daughters when we were out shopping .If the pictures he took had been commercially used could compensation be claimed ?

In the US I think so yes, out here it may just be a case of shaming the people involved, which is fine :o

I know two people this happened to. First was a lady who found herself pasted on the side of a bus! She was actually waiting for it when it pulled up and she just about dropped over. The second was a guy whose picture was in brochures and small billboards advertising something--but a lot of them. Neither got anything for it, but a shock!

I've had mine used in a brochure, but it was a small deal and I think they asked me if they could (I don't really remember), but they were nice people and they were quite good about things like that--didn't even take my picture without asking if it was OK.

Best of luck to you.

Given comments herein, though this doesn't factor into the OP's position, and serendipitously from the BBC web site re the possible deployment of Google Street View in the UK.

In the US it is legal to take photos of people on public streets. But Mr Davies [of Privacy International, a UK rights group] believes that because Street View is being used for commercial ends anyone in the UK who appears in the photo needs to grant his or her consent.
Emphasis added.

On the point of children however, the use of various privacy laws are often used, such as the Surrogate Stalker Act {California} to protect individuals frorm on the street photography.

Link to BBC report

Regards

If it were that easy to use pictures of people for advertising without their permission dont you think Thai people would be doing just that? ALL THE TIME?

I don't honestly know, how do we know they don't? And the people they use - because this is Thailand and surprising things are not unusual - have no recourse...

If indeed it is actually in the “Yeowarat area” not Yomarat,.....then that would be in the Chinatown area.- bring a gas mask also.

If you go there be very careful with the traffic though - don't lurking around without looking left & right. We don’t want the 2nd mystery unsolved also. :o

In the U.S. you can't use pictures of kids without asking for permission from the parents. In Thailand, they seem to practice the same in the industry even if it isn't the law. If it is your son, I'm sure you're due some money. So, if you find out it is your son for sure in the billboard then you need to find out the agency who did the job and ask for some money because I bet you it's illegal to use the photo without your permission, unless you signed some release they sneakily put in when you went for castings. Even if that were the case, if you raised enough hullabaloo about it you should get your money. But all of this information is pointless unless it's confirmed your son is on the billboard. But it's also clear that you know that. So, can't wait to find out.