Need Info Asap! Buying A Car

Hello,

I am buiying a 2nd hand 4dr Nissan Pickup, It is 345,000baht

I have a contract that states The car price will not cost more than 345,000baht inc Name transfers and other costs...

also It is a contract to say i want the car and I am prepaired to buy it. (Hold it for me) paid 5,000baht

have to get my wife to sign the contract..

Ok this is the thing!

I have the blue book, it says the lady owned it for 10 days! and the name on the contract as the seller is different to what is on the blue book!!

thats the deal with this? any one ever been jibbed? please give me ideas of how not to get buggered around..

Hello,

I am buiying a 2nd hand 4dr Nissan Pickup, It is 345,000baht

I have a contract that states The car price will not cost more than 345,000baht inc Name transfers and other costs...

also It is a contract to say i want the car and I am prepaired to buy it. (Hold it for me) paid 5,000baht

have to get my wife to sign the contract..

Ok this is the thing!

I have the blue book, it says the lady owned it for 10 days! and the name on the contract as the seller is different to what is on the blue book!!

thats the deal with this? any one ever been jibbed? please give me ideas of how not to get buggered around..

You can buy the car from her if she has the permission of the persons name in the blue book with their signature on the line regarding their intent to sell said vehicle.

ALSO a signed copy of their Thai ID card and signed copy of their house registration both matching EXACTLY as it reads in the blue book.

They need to go with you to change the name and you should not pay the balance until you are certain the folks in the motor vehicle office confim the paperwork is in order.

Pretty simple. Don't release the money until the book is in your name.

Sorry to comment, but if it's a dealer, he will never transfer the car in your name, unless you gonna pay first. The dealer or the seller or even the owner have the same risk. Once the car is in your name, you don't have to pay him anymore, or he can't "push" you to pay. So you got it for 5'000 Baht. If you don't trust, go and get a lawyer and he make sure that all the document are in order, pay the seller and change it in your name by your self or let the lawyer do it for you. Of corse you have to pay for the lawyers cost.

Why can't he just make a written contract with the seller that he will get all the money back if the ownership can not be transferred to the buyer due to reasons that is not related to the buyer? I did that, but i don't know if it works because i didn't have any problems to transfer the ownership to the new name. :o

/Hans

Pretty simple. Don't release the money until the book is in your name.

Sorry to comment, but if it's a dealer, he will never transfer the car in your name, unless you gonna pay first. The dealer or the seller or even the owner have the same risk. Once the car is in your name, you don't have to pay him anymore, or he can't "push" you to pay. So you got it for 5'000 Baht. If you don't trust, go and get a lawyer and he make sure that all the document are in order, pay the seller and change it in your name by your self or let the lawyer do it for you. Of corse you have to pay for the lawyers cost.