Koh Samed Or Hua Hin?

hUsh

I'm thinking of going out of Bangkok for a couple of days this month and deciding whether to go Koh Samed or Huahin... Has anyone been to any of those places recently?

Koh Samed: will stay at Sai Kaew beach resort, but read that there's renovation going on... anyone stayed there very recently? any inputs on hotels and weather? I've been to samed quite a few times, but usually stay at jebs bungalows. will be my first time at sai kaew beach resort.

Huahin/Pranburi: was there last songkran and liked it.. thinking of going back there and stay at evason. any inputs on this hotel and area? whats the best way to go there?

appreciate replies... :o

I'm thinking of going out of Bangkok for a couple of days this month and deciding whether to go Koh Samed or Huahin... Has anyone been to any of those places recently?

Koh Samed: will stay at Sai Kaew beach resort, but read that there's renovation going on... anyone stayed there very recently? any inputs on hotels and weather? I've been to samed quite a few times, but usually stay at jebs bungalows. will be my first time at sai kaew beach resort.

Huahin/Pranburi: was there last songkran and liked it.. thinking of going back there and stay at evason. any inputs on this hotel and area? whats the best way to go there?

sorry can't help, but please give us a review of your experiences after, as I plan the same thing in September.

I love Hua Hin. I'm a regular visitor. Whenever I'm there I feel my sense of calm increase noticeably. I haven't been to Koh Samed so can't comment.

One thing though - Evason is in Pranburi and a good 30 minute drive from Hua Hin. Will you have your own car?

"hUsh' date='2008-07-05 12:25:59' post='2069744

try koh samet,wong duan resort,beautiful small beach,white sand,clear water,about 2800 per night per couple.

finally decide to go to Koh Samed... wanted to stay at Sai Kaew Beach but fully booked so will stay at Jep's Bungalow. They have standard accomodation and kept clean.. I've always liked their restaurant (excluding the long wait for service) -- they got best food in the island IMO and also nice beach....

hopefully there'll be more sun there....

cheers... :o

On Ko Samet, don't stay on the very first beach; it really gets much better the further you get from the main pier.

Sorry to say it, but Hua Hin vs Samet is no comparison at all... The beach in Hua Hin is plain ugly, the town is very touristy and expensive. Samet is of course getting more expensive too, but at least you got the turqoise waters and snow-white soft sands.