Best Place For A Week's Holiday This Weather

lolex

Any suggestions, current 'intell' appreciated. I arrive in a week and want to get away for a while before getting down to some more serious business.

Is the East or West side of the Gulf of T better for weather, sea cleanliness around now... or no difference?

Ko Kood or Ko Mak better? I don't know the area at all... main reason to visit!!

Thanks!

In terms of avoiding rain during the rainy season your best bet is Kho Samet - it is statistically the driest of the Thai Islands during the wet season - Very often dry when all other places are suffering a downpour.

Cha-am is a great spot with the longest white sand beach in Thailand. It's approximately 2.5-3 hours from Bangkok depending on how you get there, and is not packed with tourists making it an ideal spot to unwind. Plenty of fresh seafood and accommodation options.

In terms of avoiding rain during the rainy season your best bet is Kho Samet - it is statistically the driest of the Thai Islands during the wet season - Very often dry when all other places are suffering a downpour.

I agree, i have just been to koh samed for seven days and it was hot and sunny all week, it rained once for about 20 minutes

As others have said Koh Samet on the eastern seaboard would be best otherwise Samui, Phang Na or Tao etc wouldn't be too bad weather-wise.

Koh Kood and Mak will pretty much be shut down in low season, there's no regular boat service, won't be many other tourist (if any) there'll be Flotsam (litter/debris from mainland) piling up on the shores as the bungalow operators won't see a need to clear it up untill early Oct - you shouldn't have a problem finding accomodation though?