Influenza (flu) Vaccine

foolforlove

every year the flu vaccine is adjusted/changed to match that year's flu strain.

so, my question is, when does thailand usually start offering the vaccine ?

i went fairly late in 2007 and got vaccinated in October 2007. so i wonder when the 2008 virus formula will start being offered?

• 2 weeks later...
every year the flu vaccine is adjusted/changed to match that year's flu strain.

so, my question is, when does thailand usually start offering the vaccine ?

i went fairly late in 2007 and got vaccinated in October 2007. so i wonder when the 2008 virus formula will start being offered?

Normal I get mine in March, this year forgot, had the Flu 2 weeks ago, still not over it yet, still very week and still got the runs [more or less live on the toilet for past 2 weeks] fever is gone after 2x visits to the Dr for injections, and checks that it was not anything more...

Being diabetic will never forget the FLU injection again

"...went fairly late in 2007 and got vaccinated in October 2007. so i wonder when the 2008 virus formula will start being offered?"

A great question for the hospital, right? I too was innoculated in late-2007, and asked when Thailand receives the new formula. The doctor told me that the new formula is generally available in June. However, in 2007, the "Norten" vaccination was released in September and, the new formula might not be released for another year. He suggested calling the hopital pharmacy, and ask when the latest influenza vaccination became available. Depending upon their answer, you can figure out your next step.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went to my doctor and got the mystery answered.

Because Thailand is near the equator, there are TWO flu cycles in Thailand and thus two vaccinations.

In June/July, the southern strain of flu vaccine is available.

In October/November, the northern strain of flu vaccine is available.

So anyone who wants the maximum level of protection needs to get the flu vaccine two times a year, to get both variations.