Please Help Me In Choosing Web Hosting

0xyGen

Hi everyone,

I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking hosting24.com - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?

I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..

Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking hosting24.com - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?

I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..

Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

We have been using Bizland for many years and are very happy with them. Especially their help service is great. Seldom more than 3-4 hrs. response time to e-mails. We have the Charter membership.

opalhort

I have 6 sites hosted with 3iX.org

Very reasonable prices and no really serious problems. Email response when there is an issue has been very good. Bonus is that they have an office in Thailand (Phuket) so you can always call them also.

Guest Reimar

I running several Webserver (File- and Data- Server) in House and E-Mail Server as well, also in House.

The Domain Service is running by No-IP.com with Fixed IP and dynamic IP as well.

No Down time, response for e-mail/Ticket mainly 3 hour if needed (4 times in 5 year)!

Cost take a look at their Website: http://www.no-ip.com.

The most important for me is the Mail Backup which isn't limited by amount of Mails and/or used size just by 7 days, which is much enough and I never have needed.

The in house server has the advantage that I can change, update and do all other need directly without to be on the Internet and have all Data in house as well 100% under my own control.

Cheers.

but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?

Read their fine print / conditions... I found a smilar host who offered what appeared to be a lot of space, but in reality the hosting account was limited to an absolute total of 50,000 files. When you consider that a PHP application can be made up of literally 100's of tiny 1 kb or smaller files, there is no way I would ever be able to actually use the gigabytes of space offered, without hosting big files like MP3's.

Edit to add- I host my high volume sites on a VPS server at http://www.hostforweb.com. I'm pleased with them.

Edited by bino

I had trouble with some hosting providers when some php scripts did not work, or did not support SSH by example, or limit the number of add on domains. All shared hosting providers kick you out when you consume to much of anything - cpu cycles, bandwidth or disk space. Now I have split my hosting over three providers, it's cheaper than a dedicated server.

Anyway I can recommend Hostgator, costs about 9$ per month, lots of disk space.

Have a reseller account with HostGator for a couple of years now ... competitive prices, good service, satisfactory connectivity.

http://www.hostgator.com

Cheapest US$4.95 (350 Gb space, 3,000 Gb bandwidth). They have a 20% discount promotion at the moment. You'll also find many

coupons on the net where you pay only 1 cent for the first month.

Edited by sniffdog

Very reasonable prices and no really serious problems. Email response when there is an issue has been very good. Bonus is that they have an office in Thailand (Phuket) so you can always call them also.

Concur with that, have 9 sites hosted with them...

Although I don't bother talking to local representatives, their response times on support have been good (few hours).

Price is good as well...

Although I don't bother talking to local representatives, their response times on support have been good (few hours).

Price is good as well...

Me too I have 35 domains with them and found them to be great. Been with them for years. Down time is minimal and the service response time is excellent.

Price is good as well...

Me too I have 35 domains with them and found them to be great. Been with them for years. Down time is minimal and the service response time is excellent.

How are the general speeds & server loads with 3ix? I have found that most budget hosts tend to slow down as the customer base increases in size. That's quite cheap for hosting.

How are the general speeds & server loads with 3ix? I have found that most budget hosts tend to slow down as the customer base increases in size. That's quite cheap for hosting.

Comparatively slower, but I don't have any numbers. 3ix was good a few years ago but went downhill. Google and you'll find some pretty negative comments about their being asleep at the wheel. Not recommended now.