Drinking Water

Rasseru

Everyone has their own taste in water. For me, however, there is only one company in Chiangmai with EXCELLENT water. Patcharee 053 471538. They deliver their big bottles to me every week for 20 baht for what seems to be 15 liters. Courteous service and great water....Ive tasted the other ones, most of which have they metallic taste. Get a Thai friend to arrange for a drop off.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I now buy water @ 10 baht per 20 litre bottle - two at a time. If I remember right, I paid all of 50 baht deposit for the two bottles and just swap the empties for full ones when I go to the water place in San Phi Sua. They'd deliver for 12 baht per bottle.

Before I discovered this route, I used to buy 5-litre bottles @ 28-30 baht a time from, say, Lotus - that's at least ten times the price :) . Hate to think what you're paying per litre for smaller bottles than that - not to mention all the extra plastic it generates. At least people did want to take the empties - I assume for recycling in some way. I now have just one of those 5-litre bottles to use in the kitchen and top it up from the 20-litre bottles.

Taste is clean and neutral. If I weren't renting, I'd probably look at installing a filter-system - but I'm happy enough for now.

Not sure what area of CM you are in, but I get 3, 5 gallon water jugs delivered for 12 baht a bottle.

The more you order the cheaper it gets. (Not sure also how much you consume.)

In the apartment building we live in,have Citydrop water delivered,twice weekly as required,20 bottles at 950Ml=19 litres for 30Bht.

There was a 200Bht initial deposit as i recall.Tastes great but not exactly sure where it is sourced from.

RO is the only way to go IMO regardless of the source.

Household filter systems are the most convenient and clean water is so important that the expense really ought to be secondary. I would avoid RO systems for these reasons.

Statements in the ad you link to that the molecular size of herb/pesticides are smaller than a water molecule are utter tripe, as is the allegation that pure (demineralized) water is unhealthy. You wouldn't perchance be selling water filters?

One could add that the "article" claims that salt (NaCl), as well as "other natural minerals" are organic compounds. This would have been fiercely disputed by the late Mrs Karin Brandt, my dear high school chemistry teacher :)

/ Priceless