Visa Extension / Work Permits

Hello.

I am british citizen, age 48.

I recently took up a post working in Bangkok. This is the first time I have worked abroad. I have a Non Immigrant B Multiple entry Visa, which expires in mid November.

My place of employment said they would arrange my visa extension and my work permit. I immediately submitted my paperwork but nothing has happened yet. I have asked but they say that it has not been completed yet.

Is this common? Should I worry?

What happens in mid November when visa runs out?

I am going back to England at Christmas - and will return in January - what will happen if things are not completed.

I appreciate any help.

Bob

Is this common?
If you are a teacher , it is more often than not it is slow because your school is slow in applying, not because the Ministry Of Labour is slow in processing it.
Should I worry?

They shouldn't even allow you to do any work, unless a work permit has been provided.

You go on a visa run, cross the border and come back. I surmise you still have around 8 or 9 months left on the orginal multi entry visa.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Is this common?

If you are a teacher , it is more often than not it is slow because your school is slow in applying, not because the Ministry Of Labour is slow in processing it.

Should I worry?
They shouldn't even allow you to do any work, unless a work permit has been provided.

You go on a visa run, cross the border and come back. I surmise you still have around 8 or 9 months left on the orginal multi entry visa.

www.sunbeltasia.com