Kidnap Alert In Khon Kaen

MekongCombat

So does the fact similar stories have appeared before make it alright for "MORONS" to make sick, demented comments?

I am a resident of Khon Kaen with 2 children. I would love to meet the "IDIOT" who made such a sick comment.

I think you will find an apology in post number 21, what more do you expect

OP, please keep us informed with any updates.

I think MekongCombat covers that in post number 28, what more do you expect

Justinedible

Like you I am very protective when it comes to my kids, but I suspect you have not read this whole Thread which is grinding to a natural halt

Regards and stay safe

Dave

I agree.

What a stupid post,,it is obvious that this fool is not a parent.

Please bear in mind that this subject has been repeated on TV many times, seldom, if ever, has there been an 'it happened to my child' post, I can't remember a single newspaper article with any substantial evidence that it has happened.

And it's almost always in Khon Kaen, why is that?

I've got to be honest, if I lived there and had kids I'd be keeping out a watchful eye 24/7.... as I don't I'm split between that and scepticism.

Apologies to the parents of the child that this apparently happened to..... if it happened.

So does the fact similar stories have appeared before make it alright for "MORONS" to make sick, demented comments?

*sigh*

Did you know that I am shagging my wifes sister, and one of the local karaoke girls, and the daughter of the local headmaster, I can tell you that it came as a bit of a surprise to all four of us (three actually, work it out for yourself)

Stories, stories, stories ..... it's a big problem around these parts, how to separate truth from gossip, as gossip is much more juicy and therefore propagates better. I can't condone the response you are referring to, but, to be quite honest, I can understand the reasons that it may have been made.

*sigh*

Did you know that I am shagging my wifes sister, and one of the local karaoke girls, and the daughter of the local headmaster, I can tell you that it came as a bit of a surprise to all four of us (three actually, work it out for yourself)

Stories, stories, stories ..... it's a big problem around these parts, how to separate truth from gossip, as gossip is much more juicy and therefore propagates better. I can't condone the response you are referring to, but, to be quite honest, I can understand the reasons that it may have been made.

I could comment on this latest statement here but I value my membership to the forum and do not wish to be red carded. Bottom line is in a thread concerning kids being kidnapped and rape are no place to joke about anything.

I don't suppose he was missing a kidney as well?.................yawn...................

Yawn eh???

Just a short excerpt from Belgium/France, but nothing like this happening in paradise LOS?

June 13, 2006

Two young girls have gone missing from the same town in Belgium where serial paedophile murderer Marc Dutroux abducted two young girls eleven years ago.

Stacy Lemmens, seven, and Nathalie Mahy, 11, who are stepsisters, went missing in the early hours of Saturday morning while they were playing together at a street party in Liege.

The authorities have called off their search after finding no trace of the pair. Police spent days combing the neighbourhood and used a helicopter to search the banks of the river Meuse, which runs through Liege.

There have been no sightings, and the girls’ computers and mobile phones have not produced any clues.

The authorities were heavily criticised for incompetence in failing to track down Dutroux in time to save the lives of some of his victims. Apparently anxious not to make the same mistake, police authorities have put a team of at least 50 officers on the case.

The investigative prosecutor Anne Bourguignont said that "no lead" could be ruled out, but that if their disappearance were a case of kidnap, Belgian penal code bore harsh punishment unless the children were "brought back in five days".

The disappearance has sent shockwaves around Belgium, which was deeply shaken by the failure of the authorities to capture Dutroux, who abducted, raped and murdered four girls, and abducted, serially raped and held hostage two others.

In June 1995, Julie Lejeune and Melissa Russo, both eight, went missing while playing outside their house in Liege. Their bodies were uncovered a year later in shallow graves in Dutroux’s garden.

Two of his victims, 12-year-old Sabine Dardenne and 14-year-old Lawtitia Delhez, were rescued by police from a basement dungeon where Dutroux had kept them prisioners for 80 days. After a lengthy trial in 2004, at which Sabine gave evidence, Dutroux was sentenced to life in prison.

"Everybody is thinking of Dutroux, it’s creepy for us," said Arthur Covers, who heads an association of shop owners in the neighborhood where Stacy and Nathalie disappeared.

Belgian media reported that the police are keen to track down a witness, known as Abdullah A, a 41-year-old serial criminal who was last seen near the girls when they went missing.

Stacy and Nathalie were last seen at 1.30am on Saturday morning playing beside an inflatable castle outside the Les Armuriers café in the neighbourhood of Saint-Leonard. Inside, Nathalie’s mother Catherine Dizier and Stacy’s father Thierry Lemmens, who are in a relationship, were drinking heavily at the bar surrounded by their four other children. They discovered that the two girls were missing when they finally rounded up their brood to go home.

Tuesday, 10 June 2008

A Belgian man has been convicted in the city of Liege of abducting, raping and murdering two schoolgirls in a case that shocked the country.

Abdellah Ait Oud, 40, had denied killing Nathalie Mahy, 10, and her stepsister, Stacy Lemmens, seven, in June 2006.

Oud faces life imprisonment when sentenced on Wednesday.

The case evoked painful memories of the multiple murders by paedophile Marc Dutroux a decade earlier.

DNA evidence

Police had to carry Oud away from court after the verdict was read out.

The Moroccan-born welder shouted: "I'm innocent, I'm innocent dam_n it, I didn't do anything."

_44735677_girlsafp.jpg Nathalie (L) and Stacy went missing from a festival in Liege The jury found him guilty after weighing forensic and circumstantial evidence.

Prosecutors said DNA samples taken from hair found on Oud's clothes matched those from Stacy.

Oud, who had previously served a sentence for sex offences, had turned himself in.

The girls went missing during a festival in Liege in June 2006 and their bodies were found three weeks later in a drainage system by a railway line.

Nathalie's father, Didier Mahy, said: "Our daughters have been avenged. I'm relieved. I'm now going to move on to other things."

The case has revived memories of the murderous activities of Dutroux in the 1990s, two of whose victims also came from Liege.

In 2004, Dutroux was found guilty of leading a gang that kidnapped and raped six girls in the mid-1990s, leading to the deaths of four of them.

And what about this one?

Michel Fourniret (born 4 April 1942 in Sedan, France) is a convicted French serial killer who confessed, in June and July 2004, to kidnapping, raping and murdering nine girls in a span of 14 years during the 1980s and the 1990s. He was also accused of 10 additional murders, nine in France and one in Belgium, and was found guilty of seven of these charges. The trials started on March 27, 2008,[2], and ended on May 28. He is sometimes referred to as the "Ogre/Beast of Ardennes".[3]

Fourniret was arrested after a failed attempt to kidnap a Belgian girl in June 2003. His wife, Monique Olivier exposed him after hearing the news of another child murderer's wife (Michelle Martin, wife of Marc Dutroux) being convicted. Fourniret has been charged with the abduction of minors and sexual misconduct, and has been in detention since June 2003 for the attempted kidnapping of a 14-year-old girl in 2000. Olivier has been charged with one murder and for helping him with a further six.[4]

Fourniret buried at least two of his victims at his Sautou chateau in the late 1980s. On July 3, 2004, a team of French and Belgian police recovered the bodies of two of Fourniret's victims near the castle. Fourniret was sentenced to life in prison.[5]

Confessed murders

• Isabelle Laville - a 17-year-old French girl. She disappeared in <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auxerre" title="Auxerre">Auxerre, on December 11, 1987 on her way home from school. Her skeletal remains were located at the bottom of a well in the country north of Auxerre in July of 2006.[6]
  • Fabienne Leroy - a 20-year-old woman. She disappeared in 1988 in Mourmelon, and her body was later found in the nearby woods.
  • Jeanne-Marie Desramault - a 22-year-old French student. She disappeared in 1989 from the railway station of Charleville-Méziere, and her body was recovered from the estate of Fourniret with his assistance.
  • Elisabeth Brichet - a 12-year-old Belgian girl. She disappeared from Namur in 1989 after playing with a friend. Her disappearance was long thought to be at the hands of Marc Dutroux, until Fourniret led police to her burial site on his estate in France.
  • Natacha Danais - a 13-year-old French girl, disappeared in 1990.
  • Farida Hellegouarch - the girlfriend of one of the members of the Gang des postiches (a gang of bank robbers), a former cellmate of Fourniret's. Fourniret killed her in 1990 to access the group's funds. He bought his castle in France with the money.
  • Céline Saison - 18-year-old who disappeared in 2000 in Sedan, her body was found in Belgium.
  • Manyana Thumpong - 13-year-old who disappeared in 2001 from Charleville-Méziere. Her body was also later found in Belgium.
  • An unidentified man - Fourniret killed this man in a robbery for some quick cash.

Fourniret's wife has also said that Fourniret killed a 16-year-old girl who had worked as an au pair at their house. Fourniret allegedly killed her in 1993, but this has not been confirmed. The identity of this alleged victim is not known.

If it happens in Belgium/France it most certainly happens in Thailand.

But at least police there are doing something now, well after they failed to look deep enough in Dutroux's house in Belgium.

Unfortunately it seems not only the police here don't give ****

Why so many unbelievers and people minimising threats to children, I don't get :o

Have you ever read/heard of a Thai children abductor being caught sentenced?

Edited by tartempion

With two young daughters in Khon Kaen, it is worrying to hear these stories.

Having lived here for 15 years, I think that it's a much safer place with kids than the UK.

Ok, there are sickos everywhere but in Khon Kaen generally people go out their way to help kids.

Look out for Uncle Somchai.

Have you ever read/heard of a Thai children abductor being caught sentenced?

No....... and that was the point I was trying to make earlier (albeit quite badly) all you get here are stories coupled with an ineffective police force that are totally unwilling to get off their backsides without some financial incentive being offered.

Someone pointed out earlier that KK is close to the border with Laos as a possible reason it gets targeted (for the organ theft variety) it doesn't really hold water that the perpetrators are escaping over the border as, yes it's close, but it ain't that close..... Udon Thani, Kalasin, Roi Et, Sisaket, Ubon Ratchatani, Yasathon, Amnat Charoen, Mukdahan, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanon, Nong Blua, Nong Khai and Loei all stand between KK and Laos.

It is far more likely that this is a Thai on Thai crime, and parents, therefore, need to be on their guard all the time.