Good Calendar / Scheduling Software

Crushdepth

Just wondering what calendar/scheduling software people use? I've got Outlook 2007 but its got so many 'features' it hurts my eyes to look at. Is there a simple, functional and bulletproof alternative?

I'll probably be shifting my email to The Bat so I guess I'm looking for a standalone.

I use Lightning because it integrates with Thunderbird, but if you want it in a standalone version you can get Sunbird.

I'm use google calendar a lot, and this syncs up with google calendar nicely if you add this extension for Sunbird or this extension for Thunderbird + Lightning.

The biggest problem i've noticed is an urge for people to add "very very frightening...." and the rest of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody lyrics every time i say Thunderbird & Lightning. :o

I use Lightning because it integrates with Thunderbird, but if you want it in a standalone version you can get Sunbird.

I use the Firefox add-on "ReminderFox" to remind me of important events - 90-day reports, visa renewal, birthdays, PC backups, etc.

But I'm going to give Sunbird a go - thanks for the info.

I'm use google calendar a lot, and this syncs up with google calendar nicely if you add this extension for Sunbird or this extension for Thunderbird + Lightning.

The biggest problem i've noticed is an urge for people to add "very very frightening...." and the rest of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody lyrics every time i say Thunderbird & Lightning. :o

:D Mama mia! Mama mia!

I have not tried this application but it does look very promising. ScheduleWorld

Share your contacts and calendars with your family or co-workers as well as synchronize with your phone and all of the computers you use. According to their wiki, SW syncs Google Calendar and Google Mail Contacts with Thunderbird, Outlook, iPods, cell phones, etc..

I use Lightning because it integrates with Thunderbird, but if you want it in a standalone version you can get Sunbird...

I'm now using Sunbird - excellent! My only gripe - I wish they would a add a "minimise to system tray" feature. I'll run it in parallel with ReminderFox to test it, then dump ReminderFox as I don't like have too many functions reliant on Firefox.

I use Lightning because it integrates with Thunderbird, but if you want it in a standalone version you can get Sunbird...

I'm now using Sunbird - excellent! My only gripe - I wish they would a add a "minimise to system tray" feature. I'll run it in parallel with ReminderFox to test it, then dump ReminderFox as I don't like have too many functions reliant on Firefox.

This should take care of that, but i didn't test it on Sunbird.

Marvellous! Works with both Sunbird and Firefox - thank you very, very much! :o

Marvellous! Works with both Sunbird and Firefox - thank you very, very much! :o

As an alternative, there an add-on for both firefox and sunbird to minimize to tray

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/sunbird/addon/2110

It works great for both but for sunbird you need to tweak it get it to work properly for the latest version.

As an alternative, there an add-on for both firefox and sunbird to minimize to tray

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/sunbird/addon/2110

It works great for both but for sunbird you need to tweak it get it to work properly for the latest version.

Yes, I investigated that one, but went with "Tray It!" instead as it can do the same for Firefox and other apps.

Unfortunately, I'm going to dump Sunbird as soon as I can find an alternative calendar/scheduling app. that can handle all the events that I want to import.

I have generated both a .CSV file and a .ICS file (VCalendar version 2.0) and have discovered that Sunbird won't import either if there are more than about 20 or 30 events defined. It gives a really verbose and unhelpful error message :

sunbirderror.jpg

post-35489-1216069038_thumb.jpg

Edited by JetsetBkk