Airport To Pattaya Bus

vickersvc10

Does anyone know what times the ORDINARY air/con bus operates from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya> The last Bell Bus leaves the airport at 1800 hours and my flight from Penang touches down at 1745; unless a miracle happens it will be impossible to catch the 1800 hours Bell service.

If all else fails then I suppose I will have to get a taxi! Information please.

Does anyone know what times the ORDINARY air/con bus operates from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya> The last Bell Bus leaves the airport at 1800 hours and my flight from Penang touches down at 1745; unless a miracle happens it will be impossible to catch the 1800 hours Bell service.

If all else fails then I suppose I will have to get a taxi! Information please.

Found this on a couple of other sites:

"...he said I needed to get on the Shuttle Bus back up on level 2 to the bus terminal at the airport. Actually, they are easy to find. There are stops at each end of level 2 and also in the middle.

The ride to the bus terminal only took about ten minutes. Make sure you take the express bus and not the ordinary one.

The former is not only quicker but has room for your luggage too.

At the bus terminal there were buses for destinations inside Bangkok and also other cities.

Walk to the far end where you will see bilingual signs above the coaches. The orange ones are for other cities in the country.

The ticket office there has a big sign for a company called The Transport Ltd. I asked about Pattaya and they told me there was a bus about to go in ten minutes.

How much? Only 106 baht!

They have buses going at 6.30 a.m., 9 a.m., 1 p.m., 5 p.m. and 8.30 p.m.

I was about to walk away when I noticed another sign

in the same window for a different company called Pattaya Bus. These had buses

at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. There is a 7–Eleven here if you arrive at the wrong time. "

Hope that helps !

I was on the AE3 Airport bus last week at about 19.30-20.00. There was a chap that asked to get off at Ekkami bus station, so he could get a bus to Pattaya, which he did.

This route is an option as it may be much more comfortable than an ordinary thai bus, but that is purely a guess. It will be a longer overall journey, but I suspect the buses from Ekkami are more regular, so less waiting times, maybe.

AE3 is 150b

Bus from Ekkami is 117k

Bahtbus to hotel 20.

If at all possible, get the Bell bus - great service I found. I would take this over a taxi anyday, even at the same cost.

• 4 weeks later...

My plane from Chiang Mai will land to morrow (09/08/08) at 08:15 PM so it is too late for Bell Busses.

I also read from the answers above that I could try to go to the bus terminal but I am afraid that if my plane lands at 08:15 PM I won't have enough time to collect my luggage and take the free shuttle to the bus terminal and be there before 08:30 PM...

My question :

I remember that I took an ordinary bus to Pattaya at the airport (ground level, revolving door 9 ?) right by the Bell company.

What time do these ordinary busses leave the airport (AND NOT THE BUS TERMINAL) at night ?

Thanks for your help.

Eric

Edited by Ericx_25

Thanks to the useful advice I received on this forum, yesterday I had a great journey from Suvarnabhumi to the North Road bus station in Pattaya. It was 6.20 by the time I left the baggage claim area, so I missed the 6PM Bell bus. I took the transit bus to the Airport Coach Station, bought my ticket for B.119 and by 7PM was leaving the airport in a fast, new, comfortable coach. We arrived in Pattaya at 8.30 and I was in my house near the Buffalo Bar by 8.45. Airport to house in 1 hour 45 minutes for a total cost (incl. m/cycle taxi in Pattaya) of B170. I was very happy!

In my last posting, yesterday, I said that you should take the transit bus from the terminal to the bus station: I should have written SHUTTLE bus! Leave the airport building, cross over one road and the shuttle bus stop is on the second road. It runs every ten minutes or so and is FREE!

• 5 months later...
Can anybody confirm there is a bus to Pattaya from swampy at 8 or 8.30 pm please,

there seems to be conflicting posts.

I will be arriving at 6.45pm so the timing could be crucial.

cheers

Read this maybe it will help. No guarantee on accuracy. The Jomtein and Bell bus times are as of this year I believe

post-20917-1232412555_thumb.png

• 5 months later...
Bell's Bus Service now have a website www.belltravelservice.com which has all the fares and timetables and if you register for the site you can make booking online.

Their email address is now [email protected].

Thanks for the update.

I think that the Bell travel service is great, up there in my top-ten of Pattaya highlights along with Ripleys 'Believe it or not' museum.

Bell's Bus Service now have a website www.belltravelservice.com which has all the fares and timetables and if you register for the site you can make booking online.

Their email address is now [email protected].

Thanks for the update.

I think that the Bell travel service is great, up there in my top-ten of Pattaya highlights along with Ripleys 'Believe it or not' museum.

Since we are discussing the same issue in three different threads, I close this one. Please continue here: link