Sole Proprietorship

Hi there, I'm wondering about to open a resturant in thai with a sole proprietorship. I am italian. Do you know if its possible? Can I do it in my name? Or is better my thai wife owns it? The goal is to work there together so I need to ask wp with it as well.

Many thanks for any input

Bye

Max

Unless of course you open it under the US-Thai Amity Treaty. There are also some provisions for Australians and New Zealanders, although I must admit I am not familiar with those rules.

Unless of course you open it under the US-Thai Amity Treaty. There are also some provisions for Australians and New Zealanders, although I must admit I am not familiar with those rules.

you assume the US-Thai Amity Treaty applies to Italians? :o

I am a Brit, have a Sole Proprietorship in Thailand for the past 3 years.Pay income tax in my name twice per year,have 42 Employees, pay Bac-can-san-cum for all employees,Pay VAT every month.

What's the problem?

I am a Brit, have a Sole Proprietorship in Thailand for the past 3 years.Pay income tax in my name twice per year,have 42 Employees, pay Bac-can-san-cum for all employees,Pay VAT every month.

What's the problem?

the problem I guess is only my nationality.. I know that only thai, americans and few others con open sole proprietorships in thailand. That a brits can do as well, is new to me. If you know something different please tell me, I'm really interested on it.

Ciao

Max

PS: what's your business?

Edited by maxtingtong

May I suggest that you go to the Local Tax Office and tell them what you are Planning on doing,they should be able to tell you if a Farang is permitted to carry out this type of business as a Sole Proprietor in Thailand. As long as it is not a restricted business for Thais only, you should not have any problems.

PS I have a Resort Hotel in E-san

Edited by How

I hope my comment isn't out the loop of this theme. I am planning to move to Thailand. I will meet all retirement visa requirements except that my pension will fall a wee bit short of the monthly income requirement. I am self-employed as a stock trader. I can trade various world markets from there to supplement my income and easily put it over the top.

I am curious if Thai Immigration will consider that a "sole propietorship" business and enter me into their tax income stream. If my pension were to be accepted, I could keep silent about my "business" and deposit profits in my offshore account and transfer withdrawals into my Thai bank accounts. (This may sound like "big sums" but it won't be, really, as I do not have a large capital base to trade from...yet! (smile).

And to our Italian forgive m comment for not being germaine to your original quest.

Ciao,

Guillermo

I hope my comment isn't out the loop of this theme. I am planning to move to Thailand. I will meet all retirement visa requirements except that my pension will fall a wee bit short of the monthly income requirement. I am self-employed as a stock trader. I can trade various world markets from there to supplement my income and easily put it over the top.

I am curious if Thai Immigration will consider that a "sole propietorship" business and enter me into their tax income stream. If my pension were to be accepted, I could keep silent about my "business" and deposit profits in my offshore account and transfer withdrawals into my Thai bank accounts. (This may sound like "big sums" but it won't be, really, as I do not have a large capital base to trade from...yet! (smile).

And to our Italian forgive m comment for not being germaine to your original quest.

Ciao,

Guillermo

Just start your own thread. They won't know about your trading if you don't tell them. Very unlikely. There's another thread similar to your situation here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Legal-Positi...ng-t199095.html