An Expat Who Left Thailand

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Reasons he left

1. Can't speak Thai .............. can't say that bothers me, I don't want to talk with them.

2. Doesn't like the Thai drivers ......... all 3rd world countries are like this. 

3. It's too hot .......... not really a surprise, get used to it.

All I know, is I don't want that guy piloting any plane I'm riding in.

People with options, can make changes to their lives when they feel they had enough. Simple as that.

As far I know, you still live in Uk, How is that going to work when you have to pay tax to Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

"People will tell you where they've gone, they'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself, you never really know.

Where some have found their paradise, others just come to harm
......it was just a false alarm."

- Joni Mitchell

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, champers said:

It took me about 3 years to get used to the heat. Just walk a lot slower.

Understandable with his body mass, Thailand is extremely hot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Time to dust off my old tale of leaving LOS. After living here 7 years, I had gotten fed up with all the bureaucratic nonsense, so I pulled up stakes and moved to Zihuatanejo, Mexico. It was NOTHING like in "The Shawshank Redemption." You think traffic is bad in Thailand? It was NOTHING compared to that sh!thole! Imagine having a tank with a 50 mm gun controlling traffic. Health care? The mayor's wife died cuz they couldn't get her to a hospital for over 8 hours when she got thrown off her horse. And the list goes on and on.

My only mistake was not getting a re-entry stamp. I was back in Thailand 6 weeks later with a renewed appreciation. Sure, I was reminded on day one why I left in the first place, but somehow it had just become much more tolerable.

Looks like the beach and water are pretty nice. Anything else besides hospitals and traffic put you off? Hard to see how it could be worse then Pattaya & the visa situation is much better with permanent residency fairly easily. Not to mention that spanish is much easier to learn. Much nicer weather ss well.

IMG_0531.webp

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Not surprising he is feeling the heat, being that obese.

Most people leaving Thailand IMO never did thorough research before coming here.

• Like 1

I hope he did a health check up before going back. Pilots have to be healthy for flying and they have mandatory health check ups. He looks like a prime candidate for high blood pressure, diabetes and other weight related problems. I wonder how he even fits into a seat in a modern Jet Cockpit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1