Am I For The Chop?

I have run up against a bit of a health problem. I am at Cookies/White Sand beach/Ko Chang and have fever, wobbly legs (you dont want detail) etc, all made worse by taking immuno-surpressants for a separate illness. Flight home is late friday and I am worried I might not make it. Will immigration chuck me in the slammer or can fines be paid per day? Grateful for any views.

I have run up against a bit of a health problem. I am at Cookies/White Sand beach/Ko Chang and have fever, wobbly legs (you dont want detail) etc, all made worse by taking immuno-surpressants for a separate illness. Flight home is late friday and I am worried I might not make it. Will immigration chuck me in the slammer or can fines be paid per day? Grateful for any views.

How many days over are you now ?

You are not likely to be arrested for a short overstay (I assume you are not overstay until Friday?) but you will be charged 500 baht for each day of overstay before you are allowed to leave and your passport will be marked.

According to my stamp, I have to leave on the 12th, which is Saturday, however I may need an extra week or so and more if it's Dengue Fever, which I dont think it is as no muscle pain. In my current state, I cant manage a mini-bus, a ferry, 3 planes, 2 trains and a bus. How much is a taxi to Brixton? (UK)

According to my stamp, I have to leave on the 12th, which is Saturday, however I may need an extra week or so and more if it's Dengue Fever, which I dont think it is as no muscle pain. In my current state, I cant manage a mini-bus, a ferry, 3 planes, 2 trains and a bus. How much is a taxi to Brixton? (UK)

I can understand the appeal of Koh Chang over Brixton, I know where I'd rather be sick (get well soon by the way).

To your problem, 7 days overstay will cost you 3500 Baht, assuming you have a 30 day visa exemption stamp you could get a 7 day extension at immigration for 1900 (but with your condition and location that's probably out).

I don't normally condone overstaying, but in this case (and if it's just 7 days) I'd simply pay at the airport. A doctors cert may gain you some sympathy but is unlikely to avoid the fine and overstay stamp.

Thanks Crossy and others for your words. Am at doctors now for certificate, so should be manageable from here. My tip for the day is, if you have a bad cold, dont get sunburnt as well.