Needed - House Painters

buckeroo2

I am looking to find painters to paint my 5 room condo. I want quality work - more paint on the walls than on the furniture. I live in Pattaya Tai and have not been successful in finding - The first painters I hired were awful - I dismissed them after 2 hours. I had another estimate today - the guy said the job would take 2 weeks to complete and labor cost $28K - (I already purchased the paint). So I need a reference for competent painters who will not make me feel as if I am being ripped off. Any ideas?

There is a thread somewhere on the Pattaya Forum from Mobi advising his wife's family are house painters.

Contact him and see what he says. My plan is to contact him in the next few months when I return to LOS. I need to get my house painted as well.

Your price for labor seems too high. How many meters are you painting? I have been planning on around 20,000 Baht total (including paint) to paint an interior of 160 M2.

There is a thread somewhere on the Pattaya Forum from Mobi advising his wife's family are house painters.

I have had several enquiries recently, and am in the process of checking their availability to take on painting work in Pattaya.

The owner of the house I rent is getting the whole bungalow painted and the garden walls and fencing. For paint and labour as well as for concreting a small area of garden about 1M * 20M. Total cost 15000 Baht.

Really are the dogs <deleted>, arrive before 9am by 9:05 have already been to 7/11 to stock up on beer lao and mekong by 10am the wifey and kid turns up so they can all lie down on the lawn and sleep for a while before a strenous lunch washed down by copius amount of leo. Then time to sleep on the lawn again before waking around 4pm for about 30 minutes worth of painting before clocking off time.

I'm glad it's the owner of the house whose paying and not <deleted> me. Theyve been here 2 weeks already and have just about finished the first coat on the garden wall and fencing. I think they may just about finish before August.....2016 !!

First guy I got in to paint my 180m2 condo charged 28k,paint included.That was abt 2 years ago.Excellent job.I recently had more paint work done and found a guy who works on his own and really grafts.I paid him 2000 per day.He finished the job in little over 2 days.Fantastic job.

EPG.

Contact him and see what he says. My plan is to contact him in the next few months when I return to LOS. I need to get my house painted as well.

Your price for labor seems too high. How many meters are you painting? I have been planning on around 20,000 Baht total (including paint) to paint an interior of 160 M2.

Sorry, of course I meant the estimate was 28K baht. My condo is 82 sq mtrs - I already purchased the paint - 9,000 baht - the 28,000 baht was just the labor cost. The walls in the kitchen and bathroom are completely tiled so only ceilings need to be painted for those 2 rooms.

I just talked to a Thai friend of mine in BKK and he just had his 150 sq mtr house painted inside and outside and the contractor provided the paint - total 30,000 baht - and all done in 3 days. He was happy with the quality.

I have some feelers out. All referals much appreciated.

Sorry, of course I meant the estimate was 28K baht. My condo is 82 sq mtrs - I already purchased the paint - 9,000 baht - the 28,000 baht was just the labor cost. The walls in the kitchen and bathroom are completely tiled so only ceilings need to be painted for those 2 rooms.

I just talked to a Thai friend of mine in BKK and he just had his 150 sq mtr house painted inside and outside and the contractor provided the paint - total 30,000 baht - and all done in 3 days. He was happy with the quality.

I have some feelers out. All referals much appreciated.

OK, guys - I found a house painter. He owns 40 units in my building and has staff of 10-12 Thais doing the work. He gave me a competetive price, took me to see the work he has done in the building and gave me referrals to check on satisfication level with former clients. Thanks for the help, guys. BTW, he only does work in my condo where he is based.

Care to share with us how much it will you?

No problem - he will paint all walls with 2 coats of paint and 3 coats on ceilings, do some patching of small holes in the walls, sand, plaster, and paint those areas, disassemble and clean all fans - in all - 2 bedrooms, kitchen bathroom, living/dining room,balcony - 82 M2 - labor will be 11,500 baht. I already purchased the paint. He wants half up front - he said that the balance is due upon completion - if I have problem with the quality of the work and if he cannot correct things to my satisfaction, he told me that I do not have to pay the balance.