Panthip close faque software shop ?

francois

hi'

I just read the news that Thai government wanted to "clean"

panthip plaza in order to replace Thailand in a "good trade order" ...

is this a joke ?

I have seen personnaly, windows copy in official governement offices, so what does this hypocrisy means ?

they want to look "clean" just to get a "clean face", but in daily reality who is running official software ?

who do buy a real oficial windows XP ?

and at last who leads such business ...

to build a collection of faque software ..you ned to have a real fast line, like a T1 .. who can afford this ?

anyone has an idea ?

surely not me!

I just see, that it's almost impossible to buy real offical software, except on Internet !

this news amazed more than gave me any doubt of any good will for the governement ... :o

any comment on this news ?

Francois

My opinion is if they shut down illegal software sales in Panthip Plaza, the sale of illegal software will just move to a new venue. Either way,  it wont go away. Microsoft sets prices at unrealistically high prices that dont give an incentive for thai people to buy the legal version. Anyways, I  think these anti piracy campaigns happen all the time, and than go away without much change. The government does it just to appease western business, and put an image of partnership with the west on the front page. But, basically its all acting and show, and no action.

• 8 years later...

Yes it is a joke for the authorities the close down Pantip plaza they have made this threat before but never lasts long even if they did they just move to another venue ,they really need to concentrate on the big picture there are counterfeit products all through Bangkok