Overstayed Upto Limit

Due to a WP transfer in May my school was sure I did not need to contact Immi but now that they have on my final threat of leaving they have found out that I have overstayed since May and they are taking me tomorrow to pay the fine - am I likely to get detained or not - I still have avalid WP and visa extension and contract. Ive been reproting etc so its not as if I have been trying to scam anybody.

Any ideas? Should I run off in the night or face them tomrrow?

Due to a WP transfer in May my school was sure I did not need to contact Immi but now that they have on my final threat of leaving they have found out that I have overstayed since May and they are taking me tomorrow to pay the fine - am I likely to get detained or not - I still have avalid WP and visa extension and contract. Ive been reproting etc so its not as if I have been trying to scam anybody.

Any ideas? Should I run off in the night or face them tomrrow?

This is Thailand [TIT], if the school takes you there, the Thais will fix it in their normal Thai way. The only time to worry is if you don't reprot it and then get caught. Even then the maximum fine is B20,000. A friend of mine overstayed 8 years and paid B45,000 to be smuggle out through immigration using British Airways Pass, then sold his "Story" to the Express Newspaper. Of course we were all laughing including Thai immigration as he paid more than double the maximum fine.

Not sure about your Work Permit Transfer and Visa Extension. Sounds a bit dodgy to me, unless you are with the some Company. If you are not, then this is probably the problem. The work permit is for the Compnay you work for, and must be held within the place you normally work. It also follows the Visa. It follows then that if you have a valid WP then you must have a valid Visa.

Anyway, no problem.

I love Thailand don't you.

Geoff