Work Permit On A Non-o Visa

Any advice please on this situation?

Came to Thailand on Non-O Visa based on husband working here ( he has WP and Non-B Visa, we are both farang)

After first few months applied for 1 year extension on my non-O at same time my husband applied for the non-B 1 year extension....both granted last september.

Since then I have found a job and obtained a work permit whilst on non-O visa. Have been told that since I am now working and have a WP I must apply for a non-B visa next when my current non-O expires in Sept, if I plan to keep working.

Is this really the case as others have said you can work on a non-O so long as you have a WP?

Don't really want to change to a non-B as the requirements for 1 year extension are much more stringent and don't want to go back to leaving every 90 days on a regular non-B multi-entry.

What is the true situation or does it differ with different Immigration offices?

All advice much appreciated.

Any advice please on this situation?

Came to Thailand on Non-O Visa based on husband working here ( he has WP and Non-B Visa, we are both farang)

After first few months applied for 1 year extension on my non-O at same time my husband applied for the non-B 1 year extension....both granted last september.

Since then I have found a job and obtained a work permit whilst on non-O visa. Have been told that since I am now working and have a WP I must apply for a non-B visa next when my current non-O expires in Sept, if I plan to keep working.

Is this really the case as others have said you can work on a non-O so long as you have a WP?

Don't really want to change to a non-B as the requirements for 1 year extension are much more stringent and don't want to go back to leaving every 90 days on a regular non-B multi-entry.

What is the true situation or does it differ with different Immigration offices?

All advice much appreciated.

No requirement to change in Bangkok. Some rattling last Sept but since then they have allowed it for you to get a work permit while piggybacking off your spouses extension of stay.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com