Girlfriend bank account for uk visa

muay_thai

Hi, can you help me.

Scenario:

I am wanting to bring "Dream Girl" to the UK so she can understand a bit more about western life and generally

give her a good experience.

We are working through all the info we need and came

across the part where the lady should have a good job

before she goes away and needs to show money in the

bank for apparently 6 months prior to obtaining a visa.

She earns approx 6k Bht per month but spends this

easily, how much do you think she will need to show

in her bank account / how much would I need to pay

across ?

Any assistance is much appreciated, - thanks  ???

If you want to take a girl to your home country it is best to pay money to a fixer. They advertise a 100% success rate....at a price. Believe me if you go through the long route, filling in forms and embassy interviews etc. etc. you will be banging your head against a brick wall and losing money. All visa application fees are non-returnable. It is amoney-making racket.

Go see a fixer and avoid the headaches!

I've got a friend who wants to bring his girl to the US. I don't think its as simple as, 'Look, I have money in my account'. I think at the end of the day its up to the discretion of the immigration officer. But if she has a job which pays 6,000 a month, no land, no business, no car etc., and then she has say a 500,000 baht deposit to her account (from you) I don't think this is enough to convince the immigration officer that she won't stay on in the UK and try to work. Basically, they want to be convinced that she is going and coming back.

If you find out more info please share as my friend is also at a bit of a dead end as far as how to get his girl to the US for just a few weeks.

16 years ago I took to Europe the girl which is now my wife.

She had to show a 100,000 THB account (16 years ago) and besides a certificate that she was employed with sufficient income. The embassy even checked calling the office ,asking to talk with her to check she really worked there.

I don't think it's so easy!

Accept Wilson's advice and save money and headaches.

Fiance is easier than tourist so I hear. With tourists they are worried she won't come back to LOS.

However, the usual catch condition with fiance/wife is the primary purpose one. You/she will have to convince them that her primary purpose is to marry you, NOT to move to Britain. This is harder than it looks as it is pretty much completly subjective. You should try to show an ongoing relationship. Photos, letters (going back) and visas to show you have spent time together in which you could have made a relationship. If you were in the UK and she in LOS, and you do not have letters, then start writing back dated ones - AND READ EACH OTHER'S as they may well pick one at random and ask you/her about it. Get photos of you together in different locations etc. In short show a relationship.

Make sure she knows things about you. Your mum's name, your dogs name, your salary, what you like to eat etc. They may ask; even if they do not know the answers, they will look for guesses/body language give aways etc.

Some very valid points reference your situation, for me after trying most of them over a period of the last 2 years, I have completely given up with the hope of achieveing the visa for my good lady.......alternative........I'm going to live in Thailand in September, sold everything I have in material terms, and are taking every penny with me, Going to speak with Sunbelt and buy a business and build a new house.

I sincerely believe it is the best option as it is easier for the farang to make money go further in Thailand than the Uk and if everything fails....well you can always start again from scatch.

I have seen many people, mainly friends who have been successful at the visa application after months even years of trying and applying over and over again, only to see their loved ones end up very quickly miserable and lonely in the Uk especailly with the long winters and lack of thai information in newspapers and on TV.

I know not everyone wants to up-root and emmigrate but please be aware of the tasks later that will inevitably face you if you are successful at getting the visa, not forgetting the double flight fairs (you & her) at least 3 times a year just so see can see her family, they very much attached.

Good Luck.

Regards

Sev

:o

Yes Sev, excellent points. I would never uproot a Thai, just to take her back to England. Most Thais have close family and friends and pine for them after 3 or 4 months. Many Thai bar girls I know, express a keen interest to come to the U.K. not because they want to be with their falang boyfriend, but because they believe they can earn 'big' money. Let's face it the minimum wage in the U.K. for 8 hours is about £33 in Thailand it's £3.

If you really want to take your Thai girl to the U.K. you can: but pay a fixer. It wil cost £600 but will avoid the heartache of being refused time and time again at the British Embassy.

A fiance visa is easier/yet harder. They will check that you have known the girl for a minimum of two years, believe me you cannot B.S. British Embassy staff. They know the score.

A quick tip. If your girlfriend is not from Isaan it is easier, also if you are a similar age it is easier. Also if you offer cash surety it can be easier.

I must be the lucky one!

I could tell our story over again, but I'm sure you can find it somewhere on this board.

Wolf is right in what he says, you need a lot of proof but it can be done. If you think she is the right one and want to make the commitment, apply for a marriage visa. For help contact a lady called Nung at http://www.visa-helpline.com.

She helped us get a visa start to finish in 5 months. Cost approx 12-15,000 baht. She knows all the right connections, if you know what I mean. I shall be using her again soon to get visas for my wifes children.

I forgot to say, what Wilson says is not strictly true.

My wife is Isaan. She is 28, I am 41.

I never offered any security, just placed a small amount of money in her bank and continued to support her with 5,000 baht a month until we married.

Thanks guys, I'm not intending to uproot her to UK I'd much rather live in Thailand and know that she would not be happy in the UK.

THe age thing should be OK as she's 6 months older than me, bit of a toyboy I suppose !

She is insistent on obtaining the tourist visa, as she says she does not want to lie to the embassy & we have only known each other 6months by the time we will apply although we will have seen each other 3 times by then and talked on the phone every day (<deleted> my bl**dy phone bill !)

Hope everything works out for you sevinnow I might be joining you soon but need to get a few plans sorted cash wise, let me know how you got on, PS. what sort of business you

thinking of setting up ??

She also says she is going to obtain a letter to say she has her own business with a friend (that has a business), how can

they check up on this if her friends OK'd ?

Wolf, like your style - I think I'd of thought of the old letter

trick myself your on my wavelength !

Thats all folks....

Hi muay_thai and everyone else too.

When i'm back in the UK and ring my lady on her mobile it costs me 10p a minute, just wondering what rates any of ye other guys are paying to call a mobile in LOS, and which company/card ye are using.

Thanks.

I'd be careful with the letter trick. When I was a visa officer I used to insist on seeing the original envelopes in which the letters came which, of course, would be postmarked. No envelopes=disregard letters as evidence.

To answer the original post, there is no set figure for an applicant to have in their bank a/c. The visa officer is looking to establish that the applicant will return to their country of origin and having a job/savings is one means of doing that. I, personally, wouldn't deposit a one off amount in the g/f's account as the visa officer will spot it a mile off and deduce that she's portraying herself as having more dosh than she really does.

Scouse.

Da - Bear,

Check the footer of this note, if you go there you can obtain the cards that I use.

I have two, one for mobiles and one for landlines.

The land line cost of the £50 card with the big tiger on the

front is 2.2p per minute (well impressed I was !) thats

on top of a surcharge for your national call. Thinks it's

called Telco Asia, but is cheaper than the ones in the newsagents for some reason.

Cheapest mobile is the £20 Planet Talk  (Alien on card)

at 6.7p plus your landline, but I have found this unreliable

at times, there is another type at 6.8p per minute which

I'll try next, just try and get a card without a connection

charge as sometimes you connect and get nowhere.

As another tip, I bought a £14 / month T-Mobile phone, signed up for a year with a free phone & £50 cashback !

This gives me 750 minutes off-peak (from 6pm eve's) which

with the time difference is ideal, I phone eveyday.

Roughly it costs me all in £35 - £40 for approx 1/2 hour

every day, not bad aye !

Sevnow - good luck with moving to Thailand.  When I started thinking about finding a new partner (after separating from my UK wife), I dismissed the idea of bringing a Thai lady to the UK within 5 minutes!  Why?  On the one hand, I would be removing her from her family, language, culture etc etc etc - and in any new relationship, such a situation is bound to put stress on the both of you, and maybe lead to a breakdown in the relationship and her return to LOS.

On the second hand, the attitude of the British visa guys, regulations etc absolutely stinks!!  The number of hoops you have to jump through is crazy...

And finally, why on earth would I want to bring my new wife to a stinkhole like the UK? :o The country is hugely expensive, full of illegal immigrants who contribute zilch to the country but take loads from it etc etc.

Sure, Thailand has problems of its own, but every time I get off the plane at Heathrow, my immediate thought is to get back to LOS :D

And as for that latest anouncement from Blunkett re Thai wives etc - I think this forum will not allow me to air the sort of comments that Blunkett deserves.