Who Spends More, You Or Your Wife/gf?

NoSpeakIt

is it just a cliche that women spend more money than men? i take my girl shopping, in the time it takes her to pick out one dress i have already thrown 9 or 10 shirts onto the counter. yesterday i bought 4k baht worth of cheese from paragon, got home and felt kind of silly thinking how <deleted> long will it even take me to eat 2+ Kilograms of various cheeses? now i even find myself browsing the louis vuitton website on a weekly basis. we havent even gotten to electronics. at this rate i am going to end up a very fat, well dressed hobo.

is it just a cliche that women spend more money than men? i take my girl shopping, in the time it takes her to pick out one dress i have already thrown 9 or 10 shirts onto the counter. yesterday i bought 4k baht worth of cheese from paragon, got home and felt kind of silly thinking how <deleted> long will it even take me to eat 2+ Kilograms of various cheeses? now i even find myself browsing the louis vuitton website on a weekly basis. we havent even gotten to electronics. at this rate i am going to end up a very fat, well dressed hobo.

I wont go shopping with the wife, even for grocieries. The only thing I will go with her for is furniture and big ticket items.

How in the name of what ever can she spend 2 hours in big c is beyond me.

As to your question I spend more dollar value than her but again I buy the big ticket items, like vehicles, etc.

And I dont listen to thai sales people.

My wife listens to them like they are the know all to be all....I walk away when they start there sales pitch

I wont go shopping with the wife, even for grocieries. The only thing I will go with her for is furniture and big ticket items.

As to your question I spend more dollar value than her but again I buy the big ticket items, like vehicles, etc.

My wife listens to them like they are the know all to be all....I walk away when they start there sales pitch

Don't get me started on Thai sales people in department stores. But since you brought it up, I will join in the fray. Went to Central Chidlom to buy some bedding and upon walking into the vast bedding department, all of sudden I counted 15 Thai (mostly male) sales persons. To stir the pot a bit, I made sure I went to each and every area and funny to see each time I entered a new area each sales person came over and said to me in Thai "this colour very beatiful, good quality".

Firstly, when it comes to bedding, clothing etc, I think it's up to the shopper to determine which colour is beautiful or am I just being a bit presumptuous (sp). To top it off, I was looking for Queen size and when I found a colour I liked, half the time the salesperson said we don't have Queen size in that colour, but we have King. Unlike buying say condoms where a bigger size will do in an pinch, these )*)*#$^^'s can't grasp the concept that bedding should actually fit the bed.

And I thought this type of mentality only applied to the electronics departments. It's so aggrivating at times, I go out of my way not to go shopping at places like this. All we want generally is to have someone available if we need assistance, I don't need someone (that's as polite as I can describe them), following me around while I decide which toothbrush to buy.

Commissions u say, I will pay them 100 Baht just to leave me alone!

Well said that man. I plan any necessary shopping excursion (that I have to make) like a Commando raid; in and out of the store with the goods as quickly as possible. Synchronize watches....

I don't enjoy swapping chitchat with some vacuous, androgynous sales assistant whilst he / she fiddles with their new hair bangs, or traipsing around avoiding whole families / villages blocking Aisle #7 on a cultural excursion / day out.

The missus seemingly enjoys all this, and could probably get a discount from the Devil himself; leaving me with better things to do. :o

Well said that man. I plan any necessary shopping excursion (that I have to make) like a Commando raid; in and out of the store with the goods as quickly as possible. Synchronize watches....

I don't enjoy swapping chitchat with some vacuous, androgynous sales assistant whilst he / she fiddles with their new hair bangs, or traipsing around avoiding whole families / villages blocking Aisle #7 on a cultural excursion / day out.

The missus seemingly enjoys all this, and could probably get a discount from the Devil himself; leaving me with better things to do. :D

Don't tell my Mrs about what I am now going to write but it appears that locals operate differently than us farangs when it comes to shopping.

For me, if I need to make several stops for various items, either within the same store, mall or at seperate locations, I tend to plan out the most efficient way of accomplishing this task, ie heaviest item of fresh foods last, most convenient way to get to and from in the least amount of time etc.

For her, and I suspect most other locals (notice I am not saying Thais because that's not allowed), I honestly believe they do not give it a second thought before venturing out. Sure there are exception (s) to this rule, but generally speaking, my Mrs has gotten the "what should only take one hour into what takes 3 hours" modus operandi (sp?) down to a true art form.

It's got so bad, I tell her to go out 2 hours before me and I will join her later once she has wasted enough time... joking (kinda sorta). :o

:o

And I thought this type of mentality only applied to the electronics departments. It's so aggrivating at times, I go out of my way not to go shopping at places like this. All we want generally is to have someone available if we need assistance, I don't need someone (that's as polite as I can describe them), following me around while I decide which toothbrush to buy.

Especially when the conversation goes like this:

Me [sarcastic]: Do you have any toothbrushes?

Nong [squeezing pimples in mirror, blocking access to toothbrush rack]: Hah? Maiiiii meeeeee....

You went shopping hungry didnt you, :o , big mistake,

I detest shopping and have no patience for it whatsoever. Why do some people like to look at stuff that they know they can't afford? drives me nuts. My wife has also been known to spend a few minutes deciding which bag of sugar to buy..... white or white?

Thankfully, due to the occassional impatient outburst I am no longer welcome on shopping trips, or if help is needed carrying bags then I am simply directed to the nearest watering hole whilst the nasty biz is being done.

To answer the initial question I never spend money (Except for beers), although most of the money is spent on me (Excluding our daughter).

I hate shopping and do it out of necessity only. Birthdays, XMas etc are great because then other people are kind enough to get things for me, and some would say have better taste too... :o

To specifically answer your question though:

I still spend the most, despite the dislike and doing as little of it as possible...

Mia Yai/Mia Luang 2nd

Faern 3rd

Mia Noi 4th

Mia Gep 5th

Kiks 6th, 7th, 8th etc

Mia Chao ???... :D