Walk Of Shame

whatsoever

FEFFEE

here are many places to visit and many places to live in Pattaya that are not seedy.Do you go to Pattaya very often my friend,because you have the blinkered horse syndrome

Whilst you are correct the fact is that people have to get around town to those non-seedy places and that is what the OP was complaining about. I am one of Pattaya's staunchest defenders but am becoming heartily sick of the sh1t standard the place is being allowed to descend into. City hall and all it's attendant vermin should be razed to the ground and a new council team of professional managers installed to run the city in a manner befitting a major tourist destination. But I am afraid that is the impossible dream.

Thais and management????? :o Why do you think there are so many people working here like Bendix if the thais can do it?? not saying there all useless but................ ah sod it theyr'e all useless!!! Go on crucify me but please don't get the Thais to organise it!!!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Mr Spin kick to the head, he'd soon fine rebar/2X4 smashed into his head. :o

A few more spins and he'll be so dizzy he'll just fall over on his own.

His "spin kicks", are probably some sort of ladyboy fetish that he has. :D

Edited by mrtoad

When they first done up the beach road ( it took over a year ) ,it looked really good .Now i agree its starting to look a bit tatty,with some of the statues having parts missing and broken lights with hanging wires .Also the big Pattaya sign you can see on the hill ,has its P unlit at night ( light must need replacing ) .They must not have planned for future maintainence on these facilities .Its a shame really .

I often wonder why family types go to Pattaya for holidays anyway, considering all the other options available in Thailand.

Yeah,, it should be cleaned up but I mostly blame the travel agents, horses for courses and all that.

I often wonder why anyone goes for holidays in Pattaya - it atttracts the dregs of the country.

I can't agree more, the promanade along Pattaya's beach road has the makings of something to be enjoyed by all - sad that it is awash with the detritus that gets washed up in Pattaya.

If you build it, they will come. As the old saying goes.

These were my first views of Pattaya, has it changed so much?? :o Nignoy

post-11182-1215716909.jpg

post-11182-1215717117_thumb.jpg

post-11182-1215717224_thumb.jpg

Ive been once to Pattaya, never again, its a shithole. I will never go to that place again

I,ve been to Pattaya about 6 times now in the last 5 years,the last time a fortnight ago.

I've been to Sydney 2 times after living in Aus all my life.

Just makes me wonder why you want to move to Thai in Jan this year?

Really which place is a shithole??

Most of the country is a dump.

When my family came here in 2003 (bkk & phuket) they were not that impressed.

My brother asked me why everywhere looked the same 'it's all 7 elevens and service stations' he gasped.

:o While I agree with you in some aspects I must disagree in other ways.

Yes, there are a lot of things bad about Thailand...a lot of development that hasn't worked out well.

Unlike some people, I first came to Thailand in 1977...and have been here at least once a year since then. A lot has changed, some things for the worst.

I was never much impressed by Pattaya, but I can remember when the water was clear and swimming off the beach was a pleasure.

I can also remember Phuket when it was undeveloped, with electricity only a few hours a day. I can also remember when fishing boats unloaded their catch on the beach. There were small Thai restaurants there, that would charcoal grill the fish, shrimp, and crabs from those fishing boats, and sell them that night.

Well, things change, what else do you expect?

One of the things you need to understand is that Thailand still has a lot of poor people who want to make money and live the Farang lifestyle (or whatever they think that life style is).

Tourists and Farangs have the money. Do you seriously think that a poor Thai doesn't want to get his or her share of that good life they see on T.V. and in the newspapers?

You can find something similiar, the same kind of money first development in London, New York, or Athens Greece.

I was in Athens in 1976. One of my favorite little sidewalk cafes there used to have good food, a quiet location with trees and flowers, and good drinks. You could sit and sip a cold beer while reading a newspaper and watch the good-looking office girls go by.

Two years ago. last time I went there, it was a busy tourist trap with high prices and no charm whatever.

If you know where to look you can still find nice places in Athens, Bangkok, or probably Pattaya also.

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Ive been once to Pattaya, never again, its a shithole. I will never go to that place again

I,ve been to Pattaya about 6 times now in the last 5 years,the last time a fortnight ago.

Sydney is shit, expensive, the people are not friendly and I could go on, also I have lived here all my life. Need a change and Thailand is a exciting place and I'm hoping it will be my home forever.

I was going to move to Melbourne, they have friendly people but its too dam cold, people in SA and WA are all rednecks, Tassy there all related to eachother, NT there is nothing there and QLD is a hole

:o

I would not take any of my friends there unless they really wanted to see the night life. Because everything else is crap. walking down the street is depressing, I felt like spin kicking random people just to cure the bordem a bit

Have you thought of swivelling instead? :D

Roy gsd

I thought everyone knew pattaya is a resort mainly for single sex seekers,and i doubt if any of them give a toss ( pun intended ) about the roads etc, .so the government are in fact catering to their intended,.

I dont know what all the fuss is about, I am sure if they leave the the paving slabs on the promanade long enough they will get laid, everything else down there seems to :o:D

Roy Gsd

As for Mr Spin kick to the head, he'd soon fine rebar/2X4 smashed into his head. :D

A few more spins and he'll be so dizzy he'll just fall over on his own.

His "spin kicks", are probably some sort of ladyboy fetish that he has. :D

I recon he would get a brick in the back of the head of the thai lads and I can just imagine him picking himself up holding his head shouting " what kung <deleted> that" or something similar. :o:D

Roygsd

Well, I like Pattaya but of course, I don't have to live there.

I have a lot of friends there going back some 25 years and I can live with the grime, the litter, the stink and the sleaze.

At least there are things to do there, unlike in the other provinces.

If you want dreary, try Kon Khaen, Nong Khai, Udon Thani - they aren't beauty spots either but for dull they're 10 on the scale.

BTW, Phuket sucks too but the Aussies travel there in droves.

Sydney is shit, expensive, the people are not friendly and I could go on, also I have lived here all my life. Need a change and Thailand is a exciting place and I'm hoping it will be my home forever.

I was going to move to Melbourne, they have friendly people but its too dam cold, people in SA and WA are all rednecks, Tassy there all related to eachother, NT there is nothing there and QLD is a hole

My kiwi mate is a vetriliquist who was working over in Australia and he claim's he met you on a farm just outside Sydney, he recognised you from you avitar and the wording of your posts.

If it helps you remember it was about 3 years ago and you were leaning on the fence looking bored with a sheepdog by your feet and your horse tied to the fence?

Ring any bells?

Anyway he stopped to talk to you and you were your usual charming self so he thought he would have a laugh at your expense, he asked if you minded if he spoke to your dog to which you replied go ahead.

He asked the dog how he was doing and to your amazement the dog replied "fine mate how are you"? Aparently you were amazed to hear the dog "speak", being a wind up merchant he then asked if he coud speak to your horse to which you apparently replied go ahead, he cannot talk.

Not put of by you whit and charming nature he spoke to the horse and to your amazement the horse replied to his questions, as you were still being your warm friendly self he decided to carry on taking the rise out of you and then sked if he could speak to one of your sheep that was quite close to wher you were standing, to which you apparently said " that sheeps a liar."......... :o:D

Roy Gsd

Most of the country is a dump.

When my family came here in 2003 (bkk & phuket) they were not that impressed.

My brother asked me why everywhere looked the same 'it's all 7 elevens and service stations' he gasped.

"Most of the country is a dump..."

or swamp, or sewer

I lived in Pattaya close to 3 years & lived in Bang Sare now for over a year.

Nothing wrong with Pattaya- Sure it is a sex related scene there. If you stay away from the beach at night if the hookers bother you, no problem. The city could keep up with the ciy better but are obviously to busy stashing funds in blue PVC pipes for a rainy day instead of properly repairing the infrastructure.

True Pattaya is NOT a family destination-unless the end goal is to get the whole family Laid.

On Pattaya's defense it does have a lot to offer in entertainment.

Las Vegas in the states is pimp city to- but can be enjoyed as well if you look for other entertainment other than bar girls hustling & farangs getting shitty & acting stupid at the bars.

Although I Love being outside Pattaya in the much cleaner air & country views, I still go into Pattaya once or twice a week & (except for driving my bike thru town) I still like Pattaya.

P.S. Kata is the shit hole of Thailand. Phuket & Krabi are fun! Kata is like being in the dessert without much Oasis.

If my family ever makes it out here- I would take my Brother out to see walking street at night & hopefully leave his wife with the ladies. It is a cultural experience.

I often wonder why family types go to Pattaya for holidays anyway, considering all the other options available in Thailand.

If you don't know much of Thailand, everything looks good in the promotion. If I remember right I saw Pattaya promoted as perfect for families with kids in Austria.

That might be because it *IS* very good for families. Two weeks ago I visited the Pattaya area with my wife & daughter and my parents. Had a great time. It was affordable, convenient to get to, great value for money for food and accommodation. Was my kid's first trip to the beach and she had a blast on the beach and in the pool.

I guess pictures speak louder than words though.

post-64232-1215749001_thumb.jpg Jomtien Beach

post-64232-1215749029_thumb.jpg Sometimes referred to as the 'dark side' on this forum.. Not sure if that's apt.

post-64232-1215749041_thumb.jpg Samae Beach on Ko Larn island.. Fun and cheap boat trip too

post-64232-1215749056_thumb.jpg Don't know the name of this beach; it's down from Pattaya Hill behind the Cosy Beach hotel

post-64232-1215749071_thumb.jpg Hotel we stayed.. Brilliant value for around 1000 baht.. Nicely furnished rooms, sea view, good breakfast included. Would cost at least double at any other beach destination in Thailand, quite possibly triple. ( http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya...eeze_hotel.html )

post-64232-1215749089_thumb.jpg GREAT and affordable seafood dinner ON the beach.. (A little North of Naklua, sort of in between Laem Chabang and Pattaya)

post-64232-1215749519_thumb.jpg Wong Amat beach.. (North Pattaya)

post-64232-1215749101_thumb.jpg Sunset at Wong Amat

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

This is a third world country. What do people expect?
Thats the nail on the head, what happens is posters like the one above come here and enjoy it, whilst others ( mainly that move here ) start comparing with their home etc and forget where they are,.for those of us that moved here and like it, yes its a shithole, but its our shithole ! :o

I would not take any of my friends there unless they really wanted to see the night life. Because everything else is crap. walking down the street is depressing, I felt like spin kicking random people just to cure the bordem a bit

More axxholes as yourself should think that way and stay out of here, it would upgrade the city immediately. And if your 'friends' (allthough 'friends' and 'TheDon' seems more like a contradictio in terminis) are soulmates of you, don't bother bringing them here either, there's nightlife in many other places. Finally if you find walking 'down the street' to be depressing, please do try 'walking in the middle of the street for a while', again some crap less.

I dunno what all the fuss is about. Pattaya is a great place for shopping; nightlife (discos, bands, nightclubs, restaurants; doesn't have to be gogos and beer bars); eating; fishing; trips / days out; etc. If you live long-term in the neighboring environs of Rayong, visiting Pattaya for shopping and a good night out is a must, at least once in a while.

You get what you pay for in Pattaya. And everything is usually clearly labeled.

Everyone like to point their fingers at what a "cesspool" Pattaya is, but at least its honest about it... Take the lemons out of your mouths.

I went to Pattaya once, never again.

There I was, walking down Beach Road, smiling at the girlies, when some b4st4rd gave me a spin kick to the back of the head.

By the time I'd picked myself up, he was running towards Walking street with his knuckles dragging along the broken pavement.

I am laughing so much here with the posts about snap kick/spin kick heheheheheheheeh.The Don thread is going to be as popular as the guy in the coffee shop post lol.Who is going to notice him first and will he be too muscle bound to do a snap kick pmsl.Maybe we can invent an appropriate name for him too.Mine would be sidknee(sydney) the snap kicker hehehehehehehehehe.He must be doing some different type of martial arts than mine(full contact karate),a few years ago too.No probs my sidknee,you can always nut the pattaya peoples balls or stick some date rape drug on your winkie and start at pattaya land lol.

HEY ! Don't lump Phuket in with Pattaya. You can lump Patong in with Pattaya, but where I live is nice, in the southern part of the island. Beaches here are clean, unlike Pattaya, feffejonson I have to question how much time you have spent in Phuket, and if you have not toured the island completely, shut up with that crap.

Well I lived there for 2 years too many and I'll lump it in - be going down there again soon (briefly, fortunately; fairly often,unfortunately) where the aunt's place in Rawai has been hit several times the past year. Puke-et. Nightmare even in low season.

Well, note the top three islands in Asia off this:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bangkok-Vote...ml#entry2079444

Don't know what you mean by your aunt's place being "hit", but Phuket is far nicer than Patters.

whats your problem mate.........moan moan moan,hate hate hate!!!!!!!!!!!111

I am laughing so much here with the posts about snap kick/spin kick heheheheheheheeh.The Don thread is going to be as popular as the guy in the coffee shop post lol.Who is going to notice him first and will he be too muscle bound to do a snap kick pmsl.Maybe we can invent an appropriate name for him too.Mine would be sidknee(sydney) the snap kicker hehehehehehehehehe.He must be doing some different type of martial arts than mine(full contact karate),a few years ago too.No probs my sidknee,you can always nut the pattaya peoples balls or stick some date rape drug on your winkie and start at pattaya land lol.

I Have done a web search for a muscular guy callled the don with film star looks from Sydney Australia with no luck.

I then decided the "don" must be short for something and after a bit of searching, Bingo! There he was!

Sory I cannot provide the link but please do a search on "youtube" for: Crocodile Dundee, Donk and you will see him large as life.

For those that remember the scenefrom Crocadile Dundee where the armed bad guy comes running out into the clearing where the little guy called "Nugget" from the pub is casually sitting having a beer, his of a beer is refused and when the bad guy asks where is his gun "Nugget" replied I dont need a gun, I got a Donk, the bad guy laughs at him and ask's whats a donk?

You will have to watch the clip on youtube to catch the ending but after you have seen it I am sure you will be as confused as I was, personally I think the don is more of a "Nugget" than a Donk, what do you think? :o:D:D

Roy Gsd

I lived in Pattaya close to 3 years & lived in Bang Sare now for over a year.

Nothing wrong with Pattaya- Sure it is a sex related scene there. If you stay away from the beach at night if the hookers bother you, no problem. The city could keep up with the ciy better but are obviously to busy stashing funds in blue PVC pipes for a rainy day instead of properly repairing the infrastructure.

True Pattaya is NOT a family destination-unless the end goal is to get the whole family Laid.

On Pattaya's defense it does have a lot to offer in entertainment.

Las Vegas in the states is pimp city to- but can be enjoyed as well if you look for other entertainment other than bar girls hustling & farangs getting shitty & acting stupid at the bars.

Although I Love being outside Pattaya in the much cleaner air & country views, I still go into Pattaya once or twice a week & (except for driving my bike thru town) I still like Pattaya.

P.S. Kata is the shit hole of Thailand. Phuket & Krabi are fun! Kata is like being in the dessert without much Oasis.

If my family ever makes it out here- I would take my Brother out to see walking street at night & hopefully leave his wife with the ladies. It is a cultural experience.

Beardog,

I'm curious why you feel that way about Kata. I just went there and while it seemed way to wannabe yuppie for me to consider living there I did feel like I got what was advertised. Warm clean waters and plenty of shops and restaurants.