Sending Trackable Mail Overseas From Thailand

funlovinkid

I send mail overseas fairly often (typically to the US), and I've been using the "Registered" mail available at the Thai post office for this purpose, because it provides a tracking number. All the registered mail I've sent so far has been received with no problem, but I recently sent something for which I wanted to get confirmation of receipt--so I followed the advice given to me by the folks at the Thai post office, which was to use the tracking capability provided by www.thailandpost.com. Unfortunately, I discovered that it doesn't work, at least not using the Registered mail tracking numbers of the last few items I've sent. When I asked about this, they said to try entering the tracking number on the US postal website (www.usps.com), but that didn't work, either. The only other option they could offer was to fill out an "Investigation" form which they would theoretically use to determine the whereabouts of the item. I didn't bother.

I would like to have the ability to send mail that provides some sort of online tracking mechanism which I can use to verify receipt, aside from using DHL or some other international courier charging 1000 baht for each item sent. In addition to Registered mail, the Thai post office offers something called EMS (which also provides a tracking number), but I've never tried it and have the feeling I'll get the same result. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good option?

I send mail overseas fairly often (typically to the US), and I've been using the "Registered" mail available at the Thai post office for this purpose, because it provides a tracking number. All the registered mail I've sent so far has been received with no problem, but I recently sent something for which I wanted to get confirmation of receipt--so I followed the advice given to me by the folks at the Thai post office, which was to use the tracking capability provided by www.thailandpost.com. Unfortunately, I discovered that it doesn't work, at least not using the Registered mail tracking numbers of the last few items I've sent. When I asked about this, they said to try entering the tracking number on the US postal website (www.usps.com), but that didn't work, either. The only other option they could offer was to fill out an "Investigation" form which they would theoretically use to determine the whereabouts of the item. I didn't bother.

I would like to have the ability to send mail that provides some sort of online tracking mechanism which I can use to verify receipt, aside from using DHL or some other international courier charging 1000 baht for each item sent. In addition to Registered mail, the Thai post office offers something called EMS (which also provides a tracking number), but I've never tried it and have the feeling I'll get the same result. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good option?

Send to a friend/relative in the U.S. and ask them to resend registered return receipt requested?

Mac

I have used EMS several times sending documents & parcels to and from Thailand. It works fine.

You are able to track the item(s) through the Thai Post Office.

I have also found the prices to be very reasonable.

I believe the item can also be tracked once it reaches the country of destination through that country's post office. Though I've never used it, so I stand to be corrected.