Hair Dryer: Bring My Own Or Buy In Bkk?

Antimony

Hello everyone, I'll be in Bangkok next week (for a 6 month stay) and was wondering if I should bring my own hair dryer ($15 Conair) or just buy there? I am trying to lessen the things that I need to bring!

Any tips/suggestions?

it's actually hard to find hair dryers in bangkok. i ended up getting one from boots, but it's a big one and i would prefer to have one of the smaller compact travel dryers, so i'd say get one from home.

It is not hard for most people to find a hair dryer in Bangkok. Every Lotus has a selection and any department store or electric supply store have also.

What you will probably not find is the built in ELCB that seems to be required now in the USA. So you would not want to use in bathroom.

i bought a 'travel' hairdryer from central. does the job just fine. there are many smaller dryers around, you just have to look for them. leave yours at home and just buy here. they are cheap.

Buy one here, as others have said, most tesco lotus sell them or got to MBK or the ground floor of Pantip. I have thick long hair so a travel dryer doesn't do it for me so I bought a very powerful dryer in BKK that is better than my UK one & cost a fraction of the price.

IMO, it depends on your hair, yourself and how many attachments you may also want to use! :D Also where your home country is!

Although you can buy them here, as others have mentioned... I personally asked a friend to buy one and bring it out with here after researching on John Lewis, Argos, Boots in the UK websites. IMO, the UK has a FAR superior choice compared to here. :o

If you have curly hair and want different attachments i.e. diffuser, root lifter etc, plus non/ionic to control frizz etc, I firmly believe you will find more choice in the UK/Europe.

Although I was not comparing like with like at Central Chitlom when I was considering buying mine here, I found the prices in Central to be relatively high for the limited features and limited brand names available compared to the much wider selection in the UK.

However, if you just want a point and shoot hairdryer, then by all means, you can pick one up at Tesco Lotus or in a Dept store here no problem! :D

Bon voyage :D