Help! Tot Has Cut Me Off ?

bucklt

Despite operating a policy of always paying their bills well ahead of the 'Due date', I now find that they have disconnected my line and are asking me to contact their Head Office here in CM.

Where is this office - and most important - what is the Head Office phone number - and is there an English-speaking employee at the other end??

I don't understand why this has happened?

Would my having made 2 direct calls to China within the previous 3 weeks have anything to do with it?

Genuinely puzzled

Bucklt :o

Despite operating a policy of always paying their bills well ahead of the 'Due date', I now find that they have disconnected my line and are asking me to contact their Head Office here in CM.

Where is this office - and most important - what is the Head Office phone number - and is there an English-speaking employee at the other end??

Would my having made 2 direct calls to China within the previous 3 weeks have anything to do with it?

Genuinely puzzled

There is a TOT office on the third floor at Central Aiport Plaza. Usually pretty well staffed. Good Luck.

Genuinely puzzled

If your long distance bill is like mine, it comes separately and is paid at the post office, not the phone company, at least that is what I do. Got to be sure to pay that bill too.

Probably right about the long-distance calls. I received a bill from another source (CAT, I think?) for 5 baht - being a call that a house guest had made to Malaysia. In the normal course of events (i.e. before the due date), you should be able to pay it at the same places as you can pay the TOT bill e.g. any 7-11 store. That's not possible after the due date.

In any case, just call the TOT Contact Center on 1100 - the recorded greeting gives you an immediate option to select "English" and you'll then be connected to an English-speaking person who will advise you. You'll need your TOT account details.

Edited by Steve2UK

I think you'll find there's a diference between TOT & CAT.

TOT is domestic & CAT is international.

If it's o/s then it should be CAT. CAT HQs on the inside of the super near Nong Prathip intersection, south of the intersection / Bor Sang road. Near the highway police HQs if you know that one.

Since I am here on a permanent basis, I have TOT take my payments directly from my bank. Several years now and have never had a problem.

I also use Skype to make ALL my international calls and the savings are remarkable.

Plus, if your service has merely gone dead, as it does occasionally for us all, I have a number that goes straight to their technician's department and they always have my speed or unavailability corrected within a minute or two while we are still on the phone.

My theory is that of the many lines going out of here, those of us going for the lower speeds (I get 512kbs) get constantly moved down into the very crowded lines while higher-paying businesses and such have access to lines with few users and don't have to deal with constant interrupts and wild speed fluctuations. We just called this morning and our speed will be great for 2-4 weeks then deteriorate to trash and a simple call will correct the problem very quickly.

How I make the decision as to when to call is when my frustration level outpaces my internet speed. For instance, all of yesterday evening my speed was 60kbs and this morning there was hair all over my desk as though someone had pulled it out of their head... :o

How I make the decision as to when to call is when my frustration level outpaces my internet speed. For instance, all of yesterday evening my speed was 60kbs and this morning there was hair all over my desk as though someone had pulled it out of their head... :D

A question or two comes to mind.

1] were you by chance watching a movie?

2] was the hair short and curley?

:o

Sorry D, the devil made me do it...

... I have TOT take my payments directly from my bank.

Do they do that for the international bill also? (They told me they they could not.)

If by "they" you mean TOT, no they cannot because it is billed by CAT not TOT. TOT will only bill your international calls on the same billing if you subscribe to their DSL. At least that is the way I understand it..

I checked with my wife long ago and she didn't really know but thought that it was not worth investigating since I/we do not make international calls from our home phone. Is there some reason you do not wish, or are unable, to investigate Skype for international calls? Seems I recall that if I call from my home phone to the US the charge is 18B/min while the Skype charge is less than 1B/min. Even minimal DSL speed will work fine as long as you are not expecting live video.

... I have TOT take my payments directly from my bank.

Do they do that for the international bill also? (They told me they they could not.)

If by "they" you mean TOT, no they cannot because it is billed by CAT not TOT. TOT will only bill your international calls on the same billing if you subscribe to their DSL. At least that is the way I understand it..

I checked with my wife long ago and she didn't really know but thought that it was not worth investigating since I/we do not make international calls from our home phone. Is there some reason you do not wish, or are unable, to investigate Skype for international calls? Seems I recall that if I call from my home phone to the US the charge is 18B/min while the Skype charge is less than 1B/min. Even minimal DSL speed will work fine as long as you are not expecting live video.

Thanks, you have given me some useful things to check look into further. My recent charge for a fax or call to the US was 9B/min from home. I do not use international much but with Skype I might so I will check it out. I am sometimes called a dinosaur and just learned how to make a cell phone call last month.

Since I am here on a permanent basis, I have TOT take my payments directly from my bank. Several years now and have never had a problem.

I also use Skype to make ALL my international calls and the savings are remarkable.

Plus, if your service has merely gone dead, as it does occasionally for us all, I have a number that goes straight to their technician's department and they always have my speed or unavailability corrected within a minute or two while we are still on the phone.

My theory is that of the many lines going out of here, those of us going for the lower speeds (I get 512kbs) get constantly moved down into the very crowded lines while higher-paying businesses and such have access to lines with few users and don't have to deal with constant interrupts and wild speed fluctuations. We just called this morning and our speed will be great for 2-4 weeks then deteriorate to trash and a simple call will correct the problem very quickly.

How I make the decision as to when to call is when my frustration level outpaces my internet speed. For instance, all of yesterday evening my speed was 60kbs and this morning there was hair all over my desk as though someone had pulled it out of their head... :o

I agree that direct debit is absolutely the way to go. Also, I agree entirely about using Skype. Hardly ever have any problems with that.

And I was pleased to get a bead on ISP speeds. I have had the 1024 service for quite some time. Connect speed is very fast. But, I detect TOT capacity problems. in the past few weeks, I have had two problems that I did not have before:

1. Rather arbitrary disconnects from time to time. Nothing to do with the 30-minute auto-disconnect which provides "warning messages," which can be annoying sometimes anyway.

2. Upload speeds have always been slow but adequate for me. I rarely send out big files. I have a very speedy computer; not that that makes any difference. Just saying the communications tunnel isn't narrow on my end. Download speeds have really slowed considerably in recent weeks Right now I blame the hogs who feel they have to download every movie produced in the last 80 years and people who play on-line games. That DOES pose a problem. There ARE discussions about usage-based access that begin to make sense. There seems to be a strong inverse correlation of speed with normal school hours. I would vote for usage rates. Studies have shown that there are relatively few hogs, something like 15% of subscribers, to give you a rough sense of it.

Otherwise, it looks like Dustoff is onto something. Which telephone number do you use, Dustoff, to get TOT to speed things up. I have not called so far.

Otherwise, TOT, which administratively has a clunky accounting system, has done well by me.

Edited by Mapguy