Need Some Advise Please.

I have had a Thai girlfriend for the past 2 years and obtained a Tourist visa for her to see me here in Oz a while a go thanks to help from the Forum here.She spent a month here,went back to Thailand and i went to visit her 6 weeks ago.

She is now pregnant,an abortion goes against her and my beliefs. Is it possible for her to have the baby in Australia? It is what she wants as an Australian nationality would create a far greater life for the child.

Does anyone have any advice as to wether that is possible and if so,what steps can be taken to enable this.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I have had a Thai girlfriend for the past 2 years and obtained a Tourist visa for her to see me here in Oz a while a go thanks to help from the Forum here.She spent a month here,went back to Thailand and i went to visit her 6 weeks ago.

She is now pregnant,an abortion goes against her and my beliefs. Is it possible for her to have the baby in Australia? It is what she wants as an Australian nationality would create a far greater life for the child.

Does anyone have any advice as to wether that is possible and if so,what steps can be taken to enable this.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

My thoughts are that it would be unlikely....unless she was to come here on a spouse visa.

The child if born in Thailand could become a citizen by descent.

Don't know anything about Oz nationality law. But in many countries it is possible to obtain citizenship if one of the parents is a national of that country. In case the parents are not married the father should often recognize the child as his and list that fact with the government. Register the child after it is born with both parents named and he is a citizen of the country.

Australia might have a similar law. Check with a lawyer or call the right government body for information. Or google something like "australian natiionality law"

Edited by Mario2008

Don't know anything about Oz nationality law. But in many countries it is possible to obtain citizenship if one of the parents is a national of that country. In case the parents are not married the father should often recognize the child as his and list that fact with the government. Register the child after it is born with both parents named and he is a citizen of the country.

Australia might have a similar law. Check with a lawyer or call the right government body for information. Or google something like "australian natiionality law"

In a nutshell

Read here

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/cat...-by-descent.htm