Santiburi Resort - And The Locals

:o Why has the new general manager seen it fit to stop non guest from paying to use the tennis court and the gym at the resort,may be they should also stop non residences from playing golf at the over priced golf course as well

didn't you ask him/her?

:o Why has the new general manager seen it fit to stop non guest from paying to use the tennis court and the gym at the resort,may be they should also stop non residences from playing golf at the over priced golf course as well

didn't you ask him/her?

Did not know they had a new one again ...no more Jean - Stephane ? Whatever, it's up to him to allow or stop non-guests from using the facilities.

didn't you ask him/her?

Did not know they had a new one again ...no more Jean - Stephane ? Whatever, it's up to him to allow or stop non-guests from using the facilities.

Outside of the golf, what were they charging for non inhouse guests to use the facilities?

I played there last week and the week before that, sometimes in high season or when they have a certain level of occupancy they may restrict or stop non hotel guests from playing which when you think about it is fair enough.

I pay 150bt hour per person for tennis.

I believe that Santiburi promotes itself as a golf course separate from the resort side. I believe if you investigate the Web site and other marketing material, you will find that there is not some sort of connection establishing the golf course as simply an extension of the resort.

I guess the Santiburi decided to focus on making sure their facilities are available for the people paying 17K-32K per night to stay there rather than the locals who are willing to pay 200 baht or so per hour to play tennis.

Kind of a no-brainer. :o

I have been playing tennis at Santiburi for four years. Last week the new manager deceided that he wanted no more outside guests were playing there. Just like that, nevermind helping the community and their long term customers( i remember the days when local mafia were hired to clear the land of locals for the new planned Santiburi Resort)........Boycott Singha would be my call to arms

The new courts will be open within 3 months down in Bangrak.(james theEnglish guy is a great teacher 0895870720) otherwise its Imperial, Central or Ban Taling Nam Resort.

Santiburi is surely not relying on someone payng 200 Baht per hour to make ends meet.

A new court in Bangrak is great but will have no effect whatsoever for Santiburi.

Given the poor attitude of people complaining, I can see why they have stopped it.

And boycotting Singha beer is by some members here is just laughable.....

Given the poor attitude of people complaining, I can see why they have stopped it.

The "attitude" was spawned by the stopping, not the other way around. And if I had been playing (and paying) to play tennis at a venue for four years and then told that I wasn't welcome anymore, I'd be miffed too. Wouldn't you?

"I'm here to play."

"Sorry, we aren't allowing you to play anymore, even though you have been coming for four years."

"Really? Wow, great! Now I can finally stop playing this silly game and take up something more interesting, like dominoes! Thanks Mr. Santiburi man!"

The "attitude" was spawned by the stopping, not the other way around. And if I had been playing (and paying) to play tennis at a venue for four years and then told that I wasn't welcome anymore, I'd be miffed too. Wouldn't you?

"I'm here to play."

"Sorry, we aren't allowing you to play anymore, even though you have been coming for four years."

"Really? Wow, great! Now I can finally stop playing this silly game and take up something more interesting, like dominoes! Thanks Mr. Santiburi man!"

I can sympathize with 'your' frustation, however, you also need to understand that if the present GM has received orders to stop outsiders from playing to allow in-house guests using the court at their convenience, he has to obey. If I would pay 10,000 a night and being told "Sorry Sir, the court is booked by some local residents" I wouldn't be too happy (and neither would you I guess) It was never a money - making idea behind it anyway, and as times change, things also change.

Think positive and look forward to playing on the new court in Bangrak :o

The deal was always that as a local you came second at Santi Buri, no matter if you were booked in or actually playing you would still be asked to leave if a client of the hotel wanted to play. This was never an issue as the people staying there never seemed to play, and thats why it's a shame to see good courts go to waste.

I'm only indirectly involved in the new tennis centre, best to pm me and maybe I can pass on what details I have.

I played there again on Saturday 19/07, the deal is now that outside guests can play from 8am until 5pm so last game available starts at 4pm.

If you talk to the guys working the tennis area they will tell you that if the court is not booked after 5pm you can ring up 15 / 20 mins before and if its free you can use it.

Santiburi is surely not relying on someone payng 200 Baht per hour to make ends meet.

A new court in Bangrak is great but will have no effect whatsoever for Santiburi.

especially when most of the folks i know would even drink it if it was offered free.

as for the santiburis change in policy, it is there perogative to let anyone they want play. it is their court.

Edited by t.s

especially when most of the folks i know would even drink it if it was offered free.

Correct, I am one of them :o

Seems like it would be less painful if you would be grateful and appreciative of the four years you had than resentful that you will have to play somewhere else now. Don't obsess on it; be happy!

Come on! That's like being told that you will die next week and, "Be grateful and appreciative of the years you had than resentful that you will have to exist somewhere else now (hel_l, maybe). Don't obsess on it; be happy!"

Playing for four years in a place wasn't a fluke that you should be grateful for your good fortune.

"Well, you have free water at your home for years; be grateful for that since now you have to pay." This situation I can understand.