Do You Use Deoderant Or Aftershave?

Neeranam

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or? I use both. I also heard that brits only shower once a week or was it once a month.

We take a bath once a week, whether we need it or not :D

Great to see see one of the classics get an airing!! :o

BTW, please remind everyone that deodorant is not optional - it is compulsory, especially if you are a taxi driver!!

I use a crystal deodorant called Crystal Stick, the only crystal stick deodorant I have ever seen anywhere. The product is manufactured in Thailand and packaged in the US. It says "A product of THAILAND" on the product. I have never seen it for sale in Thailand. I emailed the manufacturer a few years ago and he said it is not sold in Thailand. Go figure. The best deodorant I ever used. It works incredibly well. No scent. Lasts at least a year, sometimes two at a cost of about 5 dollars.

Maybe someone should contact VILLA MARKET?

Aftershave? Yuck!

I've got the Deoday brand from Villa.

Cheers

I have worked with some people who stink of aftershave and I think it's horrible. Maybe because I've been here too long.

I've never used deoderant in 15 years, do you?

Occasionally I use aftershave in the evening for a special occasion, but in moderation.

Generally Thai people hate the smell of aftershave, be careful with it. :o

Are you from France, Germany or India?

why ?

This is a laugh. My French colleague told me he never used a deoderant as he read that the aluminium content was bad for your system. In short, the office smelled like he stepped in dogshit when he walked in the room.

For the learned members above, a deoderant does not mask/cover the smell, it inhibits the growth of bacteria.

That is true oh learned master but deodorant is rarely used on the whole body. :o

I was told by a Thai firend that they dislike strong colognes and aftersheves because they used to be used for a so-called 'Turkish Bath' (the slang for using deodorant to cover up instead of taking a shower). Therefore the ones smellign the most of the strongest deodorant would usually be the most dirty ones. Better to smell like soap apparently.

Cologne and scented deodorants are SOOOOO twentieth century!

I use only a moisturizer after shaving and the Thai crystal deodorant which has no scent at all and only tastes a bit salty when licked.

i use the crystal too, but my real question is did you lick it before you used it or after?

i use both, i hate people who do not use aftershave or Deodrant.

Why use aftershave? I don't get it. Does your chin smell? Aftershave is just an artificial scent. What a waste of resources for a "problem" that doesn't even exist. The marketers win again.

BREAKING NEWS

PARIS (AP) - French Authorities arrested Lance Armstrong and disqualified him from this year's Tour de France on Friday after cleaning personnel discovered 3 substances in his motel room that are explicitly banned in France. Tour Officials are saddened by this turn of events and Lance Armstrong was not available for comment. When asked by reporters as to the identification of the substances, Police Crime Lab Investigators confirmed that the substances were in fact, toothpaste, deodorant and soap.

I have noticed that obese people sweat more so are more likely to stink.

I couldnt be in better shape but when in LOS i have to wear deodorant as i sweat like a motherf....r.

Wear expensive deodorants from the boss range they have a subtle smell, not like that lynx and similar fly spray brands.

I read somewhere last year perfumery brands are going to be target all of Asia as not many people use them

I use only a moisturizer after shaving and the Thai crystal deodorant which has no scent at all and only tastes a bit salty when licked.

i use the crystal too, but my real question is did you lick it before you used it or after?

I guess after, as it tastes salty :o

Us real Brit's only use a tin bath, in front of the open coal fire. It is also common to share the bath water with the whole family :o:D:D

a tin bath inside the house???

bet you have one of those indoor toilet thingies too.

Nowt better than to walk down the garden to the shed for a dump, especially in winter.

On Topic :-

Nivea Ice roll on. No aftershave.

Its very big hearted of you to cut the requirement of "animal testing" on this product. I'm thinking of using a new shampoo brand; could you put a bit in your eyes first? :o Just to be on the safe side. Thanks.

I use only a moisturizer after shaving. (I've worked with a few blokes whose aftershave has been used to try and hide a multitude of sins...)

I use a slightly medicated talc for that fresh all over freshy freshness.

The OP has stated:

Generally Thai people hate the smell of aftershave, be careful with it.

I can't agrree.

Like many people who make frequent journeys in and out of Thailand I'm often asked by Thais I know to buy a few luxuary items from overseas - Top of the list of things I am asked to by for Thais is Perfumes and Aftershaves.

After a sweltering day like today, karma has it that the OP will be stuck on the bts on the way home from work beside a farang who didn't wear any deoderant or aftershave today, and she will be wishing the farang did.

Som nom na.

I have noticed that obese people sweat more so are more likely to stink. Seriously though, non-scented underarm deoderant is essential in a tropical climate, and anyone who does not use it would have to bathe several times a day and scrub their armpits. That is not practical.

Aftershave? Who bothers with that? It is a bit 1980's. Men who stink of aftershave are either dodgy or have a personality disorder.

What's all this about unscented deodorant - I've never heard of it but would like to give it a go. Right now I use the small spray cans of Axe whcih does smell quite a bit. Do you have any brand names that I should look out for / places to get it from ?

Well I must be an unreconstructed man with a wife who is equally out of touch. I use deodorant moisturizer and aftershave. I also shower 4 times a day. I use these products because I like the smell and so does my wife!! When i was single I never met a thai who didn't like the smell but maybe they were lying!!!

Maybe if you have Somtum breath, it will make you less offensive to those with the refined olfactory abilities of the OP.

You may sweat a lot meaning that you need lots of deoderant, but I don't. I think it's to do with my low pulse(35) and I don't smell partly due to my vegetarian diet.

If you need copious amounts of deoderantant cologne/aftershave because you smell don't insult those of us who don't.

Just answer the question. I remember from previous posts that you suffer from obesity - perhaps this is the cause of your BO?

I always use (good) aftershave as it wards off shaving rash.

As for BO, try rubbing your body with fresh leaves, i.e. lettuce or similar after you've showered and dried.

Chlorophyll is a natural deo.

As for BO, try rubbing your body with fresh leaves, i.e. lettuce or similar after you've showered and dried.

Thanks for that. I have never had such rashes and don't enjoy scents. I guess some people are using it to mask their natural smells from the rest of their body (after all, what is smelly about chins?). So why stop at the chin. Why not spray your whole body with floral perfume. Seems really girly to me.

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks for that. I have never had such rashes and don't enjoy scents. I guess some people are using it to mask their natural smells from the rest of their body (after all, what is smelly about chins?). So why stop at the chin. Why not spray your whole body with floral perfume. Seems really girly to me.

I hope the people around you are as happy with your natural odour as you seem to be.

I hope the people around you are as happy with your natural odour as you seem to be.

I use deodorant, unscented Crystal variety. No complaints. It works well. I don't need to be a girly man with smelly waters. I do think almost everyone should use deodorant unless their pits don't sweat (the odd freak).

:o

Maybe this is a hetero thing and being with women makes you do girly things. Most homosexual men are more masculine :D than heterosexual men, they like to smell like a real man and also appreciate the smell of other real men. No need to put on flower juice. However, when in doubt ... MOISTURIZE by all means!

Edited by Jingthing

I dont sweat that much, unless im kickboxing someone in the head.

I used 2 different deoderant cans and spray on abit of polo black. But its not my underarms im worried about, its my feet, they are what smell on me.

Lettuce is ok provided you find a way to get rid of any loose body hair that keep sticking to it unless you prefer gritty salad ofcourse.