Do You Use Deoderant Or Aftershave?

Neeranam

Most Thais will tell you that Farangs smell... not of deo or perfume, but of sweat !

The smell suggests a need for showering rather than a lack of deodorant.

Exactamundo. Spot on. Sweaty spot on.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I din't mention talcum powder - I do put some of that on under the arms on really hot days.

Whats the best type of talc? I use the unsmelly Johnson Baby powder.

My body has changed a lot - I had to stand outside a department store today as it was too cold inside.

You aren't one of them there metrosexuals are you...I mean shaving under the armpits and other strategic locations......I mean if its good enough for Beckham, it may be good enough for ye....

btw I have noticed with many stinky people that it is the unwashed sweaty clothes which stink, not the person, regardless of where they are from....

This is a zen moment I now understand why Thai girls carry the ubiquitous nose "sniffer"(poy sian). It gives them the means to override the 15 year deodorant-free and gamey smelling farang....I'm betting this guy's wife is packing one for each nostril, just to make sure ;-) I have to confes that I also use this amazing device when a smelly 'un is about.....
I have worked with some people who stink of aftershave and I think it's horrible. Maybe because I've been here too long.

I've never used deoderant in 15 years, do you?

Occasionally I use aftershave in the evening for a special occasion, but in moderation.

Generally Thai people hate the smell of aftershave, be careful with it. :D

What complete garbage - you're saying that ANYONE who doesn't wear deoderant stinks!

Understandable I suppose if you are one of the 'belly brigade'.

I'd be willing to wager that your wife pokes you in the belly and says "poong" :o