No More Working On Non-0 Based On Marriage

I had an interesting conversation on another internet forum about the possibility to get a workpermit on a non-O based on marriage. He contacted immigration yesterday and also the Chonburi labour office to see if you could get a workpermit on a non-O. They told him they would issue a workpermit, but when he goes for an extension of his visa they will convert his visa into non-B.

Is this a new policy?

I suspect it is false information rather than new policy. Have never seen a non immigrant visa "converted" and the conversion is for tourist visa to non immigrant. Reasons for extension of stay vary but the original visa entry remains the same.

Can't rule out false information, as he was talking about the non-O being changed in non-B when either going for the 90 day reporting or applying for an extension. That seems very strange. But I seem to remember there was a post a couple of days back from someone who suddenly aslo had to have a non-B for his workpermit, while that in the past he was allowed to work with his yearly extension from immigration based on something other than work.

But I guess it isn't policy, and that is what I wanted to know. Thanks Lopburi.