Car Fire Bombed In Hh Soi 88

Read in the HHNews that a car had been firebombed in HH. Rumour has it that a car in a house carport was fire bombed and completly

ruined. It completely gutted th car before it could be put out. Motorcycle rider broke car window threw in fire bomb and rode away.

It has been suggested that the individual that was fire bombed has been in an ongoing argument with two builders regarding money he feels he was swindled out of. People are guessing the fire bomb was orchestrated by one or more builder/developer.

I can confirm none of the above and wonder if anyone on TV Hua Hin can bring me up to date.

Read your report with interest. Sorry I cannot confirm but I carry out live fires on cars on a regular basis. The baby in my Avatar can extinguish a fully blown car fire in less than 30 seconds and use no more than 25 litres of water

It's true; happened on July 3rd. I know the car owners and they have shown me photos of the completely gutted car. The owner was able to get no help and put out the fire himself with a garden hose fearing that the gas tank would explode and destroy the house as well. He has had a running dispute with a couple of developers and suspects that they were involved in some way but that will probably never be proven.

Getting no assistance at all is a serious problem with Fire services in this area. Car Fires radiate huge amounts of heat which causes windsvhields and windows to explode, and I must say I am surprised that no house damage was evident if the car was parked in a car porch.

If it is any consolation to the owner, a garden hose pipe would have no effect at all in a fully blown car fire, however the notion that fuel tanks explode is very unusual and more suited to a Hollywood movie script.

Getting no assistance at all is a serious problem with Fire services in this area. Car Fires radiate huge amounts of heat which causes windsvhields and windows to explode, and I must say I am surprised that no house damage was evident if the car was parked in a car porch.

If it is any consolation to the owner, a garden hose pipe would have no effect at all in a fully blown car fire, however the notion that fuel tanks explode is very unusual and more suited to a Hollywood movie script.

If the huge amounts of heat causes windshields and windows to explode as was the case here, why would the volitile fuel in the tank also not explode at some point, professor?

Seems amazing that the incident generated no interest in the press as the pictures are quite graphic.

If the huge amounts of heat causes windshields and windows to explode as was the case here, why would the volitile fuel in the tank also not explode at some point, professor?

Seems amazing that the incident generated no interest in the press as the pictures are quite graphic.

The Professor responds,

Mainly two reasons, one being that its the fuel vapour in Gasoline that is the danger and as you will know, the fuel tank is usually sealed and airtight and the fuel lines from tank to engine are of metal material not a porous rubber. I have actually seen it done at a Fire training School where an instructor has lit a match and extinguished it by placing it into the fuel ( Dont try this at home). Secondly, most people realise that hot air rises and apart from the floor matting and carpets there is not much to burn, so majority of the "fuel" for the fire comes from the seats and the plastic dash boards etc. The fuel tank is low down under the vehicle and as such quite well protected

Loved this snippet

Hua Hin’s popular public forum XXXX has been the outlet for many genuine complaints however it too has been forced to self censor and tighten its regulations due to pressure from heavy handed property developers.

The newspaper lauds a website (same owner) that caves in to developers! LOL!