Public Dancercise Workouts

Greenside

Here in Nong Hoi they hold outdoor dancercise type workouts in the parking lot two or three times a week. I think I've seen it at one of the Tesco stores too but where else can I go to get pictures?

I noticed some folk at the temple (Wat muang Gai) just past the Gymkhana Cub on Ratutuit rd - on the way to the Railway station . Also a group at the Chinese community centre on Loi Kroh Rd at night Bazaar near Downtown Inn. Both at about 5pm. Don't forget your leotard. :o

Edited by KevinHUNT

" Don't forget your leotard."

If Greenside joins in, then I'll be there with my camera too, to get that shot.

By the by, they also hold them at the OBT office near my old house, Greenside, it's 2 sois b4 Wat Sao Hin, and you can tell it's a gov't office by the walls, fire engine, etc. Just go rt, and it's the only place on your rt. That shold make for easy pix w/ little travel. I think nightly or a few times per week. somewhere 5-7 as most places.

From what I've seen of the aerobics/dancercise sessions, the participants are invariably Thai. I'm sure (or, at least, I hope) that the OP would follow good etiquette and not go poking the lens around too much as if it were a zoo.......... I can see how it could create some bad feeling.

Maybe it's just me, but the odd times when I've stopped to watch for a while (e.g. Lotus Kamtien car park), I've felt it was just good manners to do so at a discreet distance - rather than seem to be gawping.

" Don't forget your leotard."

If Greenside joins in, then I'll be there with my camera too, to get that shot.

By the by, they also hold them at the OBT office near my old house, Greenside, it's 2 sois b4 Wat Sao Hin, and you can tell it's a gov't office by the walls, fire engine, etc. Just go rt, and it's the only place on your rt. That shold make for easy pix w/ little travel. I think nightly or a few times per week. somewhere 5-7 as most places.

Too late, too late... We joined in the local one our first week here and no-one fell about laughing at my efforts, in fact when asked my girlfriend said I definitely did look like John Travolta but then she agrees I look just like Harrison Ford when I've just had my hair cut. Maybe she's biased.

Look out for the pictures or the arrest report.

Every district in Thailand is required to hold an exercise or aerobics class each early evening and these must be free or charge no more than 5 baht per session to cover tuition/class leadership. This was an initiative devised by the King a few years ago and seems to work well. Check out the Universities (gyms), hospitals schools (usually parking lots) etc, all have them around 5pm.

At CMU, just inside the main gate off of Huay Kaew Rd., before you get to the T-intersection, there is a tai chi exercise group in a large pavilion to the right, composed of mostly middle aged to elderly people. Right around 5ish most every day. Might be a good photo op too, Greenside.

Stop by Suan Buak Haad Park in the southwest corner of the moat in the early morning. It's been awhile since i've been but there are usually two tai chi groups and one dancercise session going on. I used to see them around 6 or 7am.

If it's pics you want the park is probably more scenic than a tesco parking lot.