Maid Pay

LtCol

Do live-in maids have a set wage & vacation system in place in Pattaya???

Is there a guide of Wages,Conditions,Duties??

:D

That’s one of the pluses and also one of the minuses of living in developing country with a fully free market place. There are few set prices for anything and people are free to charge whatever the market will bear and they think they can get away with. The customer must decide, unaided by any government regulations, what something is worth to him (or her)

:o

TH

Our 3 year old boy's nanny is also our maid. We pay her well to do both jobs and she really is priceless! SUPER-NANNY!

That's great , so what is the cost ?? we have no children.

Just for cleaning & cooking.

Our 3 year old boy's nanny is also our maid. We pay her well to do both jobs and she really is priceless! SUPER-NANNY!

That's great , so what is the cost ?? we have no children.

Just for cleaning & cooking.

I think we're paying her 11,000-12,000 per month now; I'd have to confirm with the wife. Worth every baht and more!

For a live-in maid, you can get away with a little as 4K, but, you may have to supervise a lot to ensure everything stays where and as it should. You pay a little more you usually get more, English language, memory skills, and so on.

This is based on 6k for average wage less 2k for room and board. Remember to be flexible about working hours and days off. Remember with a live-in you lose an amount of privacy too. :o

Our maid gets 5,500 and social securiity as an employee of our company. Comes Mo through Fr and works as long as necessary....usually some 2 to 5 hours a day.

The wife somewhat insists that she sits 8 hours a day at our home "because we pay her" but I have rather the "job is done so what" attitude. As Chang Paarp said...you loose some privacy with the maid hanging around.

Our maid gets 5,500 and social securiity as an employee of our company. Comes Mo through Fr and works as long as necessary....usually some 2 to 5 hours a day.

The wife somewhat insists that she sits 8 hours a day at our home "because we pay her" but I have rather the "job is done so what" attitude. As Chang Paarp said...you loose some privacy with the maid hanging around.

As Raro learned, you need to teach them to knock on the door before walking in the bedroom. :o

As Raro learned, you need to teach them to knock on the door before walking in the bedroom. :o

and whats wrong with a 3 some :D

I believe they have a representative and office in City Hall where all these things are sorted out to the nth degree ... my maid has taken it upon herself to scoop all the poop (my dog is crap factory) from my front lawn and she does this twice a day.

I can assure you that poop scooping is not in the official duty manual.

Myself (here in Pattaya) and a good friend in Phuket both pay 6000bht per month for 6 days a week. Cooking, laundry and cleaning 8 hours a day and 6 days a week and we are both very picky. Our maids do not live in but live nearby. Another friend here in Pattaya pays 6000bht per month for the same but the maid lives on site in her own maids quarters. That is just us but hopefully gives you an idea of what is available. We have had them quite a long time and have been great! Just understand it did take a couple of months to understand what we wanted and everyone understood what was expected and everything was smooth after that...

Myself (here in Pattaya) and a good friend in Phuket both pay 6000bht per month for 6 days a week. Cooking, laundry and cleaning 8 hours a day and 6 days a week and we are both very picky. Our maids do not live in but live nearby. Another friend here in Pattaya pays 6000bht per month for the same but the maid lives on site in her own maids quarters. That is just us but hopefully gives you an idea of what is available. We have had them quite a long time and have been great! Just understand it did take a couple of months to understand what we wanted and everyone understood what was expected and everything was smooth after that...

Thank you for that , you have covered it very well & we appreciate it

:D John

Live-in - around 5K baht per month - plus room and board.

We have a seprate small building with two bedrooms and a shared shower/toilet. Fans in rooms, plus TV.

Hours are variable - usually start when kids wake up for school - finish when everyone goes to bed - but rest times during the day. No days off, but we pay for trips back home during holiday periods.

Girls come from the village where my wife was born - usually stay a few months then find other employment.

Our maid works 6 days a week. She comes promptly at 8 and leaves when the job is done, usually anywhere from 1 to 3PM. She buys all of our fruit and fixes lunch for us most days. Does all the laundry and keeps the condo spotless. Is very trustworthy. We pay her 8,000 a month and a bonus once a year. She gets time off when she needs it for various things. As long as everything gets done and the place looks good we are happy.

As Raro learned, you need to teach them to knock on the door before walking in the bedroom. :D

who told you what? :o