Oz Tourist Visa For Thai Gf - I'm Only A Temp Resident

Hi,

I know there has been a lot of talk about this subject, and I have read the majority of it and it has been very useful, however;

I am looking into getting my thai gf a tourist visa to visit me in Oz. We can provide evidence of a relationship (albeit a a bit short), I have visited her once in thailand, and will be going again in a few weeks, phone bills emails etc. She has two businesses and a perm address in thailand (ie reason to return to thailand), her own money in the bank etc so I think we have most bases covered. The problem is.. I am only on a 457 Temporary residence visa (i'm from the UK, working here and not planning to leave) and I am not sure if this allows me to sponser her for the visa. I can show proof of full time employment, payslips etc. Does anyone know if this will cause us a problem?

Thanks in advance.

I've spent most of the day researching this, please if anyone can help!!

What I have found out: Applying for a visitor visa 676 she is not required to have a sponsor, this is only required for a 679 sponsored family visitor visa, however, she will be asked to 'provide evidence of support from family and friends'.

I got this info from: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/983i.pdf

So, if she has enough money in her account for the stay (Which, depending on the amount, she could show on her own, ie without me depositing anything) what more is needed? I was under the impression that a sponser guarantees that she will leave Australia when the visa is up.

how likely is it that she would get a 676 without any input from me? If a sponsor is not needed for a 676, how do they decide if she will leave and go back to thailand?

I'm confused!

I've spent most of the day researching this, please if anyone can help!!

What I have found out: Applying for a visitor visa 676 she is not required to have a sponsor, this is only required for a 679 sponsored family visitor visa, however, she will be asked to 'provide evidence of support from family and friends'.

I got this info from: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/983i.pdf

So, if she has enough money in her account for the stay (Which, depending on the amount, she could show on her own, ie without me depositing anything) what more is needed? I was under the impression that a sponser guarantees that she will leave Australia when the visa is up.

how likely is it that she would get a 676 without any input from me? If a sponsor is not needed for a 676, how do they decide if she will leave and go back to thailand?

I'm confused!

There is no sponsor for the tourist visa.....She may declare an additional funds provider to support her during her stay...

Some things you could look at is providing supporting evidence for her....letters, photos etc...Also a letter outlining your situation and detailing what you intend to provide for her.

What you are proposing is quite possible I should think.......Just remember to be honest with the application.

Edited by gburns57au

Hi,

I know there has been a lot of talk about this subject, and I have read the majority of it and it has been very useful, however;

I am looking into getting my thai gf a tourist visa to visit me in Oz. We can provide evidence of a relationship (albeit a a bit short), I have visited her once in thailand, and will be going again in a few weeks, phone bills emails etc. She has two businesses and a perm address in thailand (ie reason to return to thailand), her own money in the bank etc so I think we have most bases covered. The problem is.. I am only on a 457 Temporary residence visa (i'm from the UK, working here and not planning to leave) and I am not sure if this allows me to sponser her for the visa. I can show proof of full time employment, payslips etc. Does anyone know if this will cause us a problem?

Thanks in advance.

You should check with DIAC first as you only have a 457 temporary visa, this may be a problem if you intend to provide financial assistance and support. She has to comply with the criteria for a 676 visa one of which is a reason to return to Thailand.

On a tourist visa she does not need a companion, she can apply on her own

They will look at:

Her ability to pay her return air fair

To meet the cost of her stay in Australia accomidation / food / travel / and unforseen

If she has a medical insurance this will help

If she is a genuine tourist For example

House in Thailand / Children / Job (length of time) / a letter from her employer

any thing that show she intends to return

A list of friend she intends to visit in Australia will help but is not a must

Your relationship with her may help or hinder as if you give the wrong info it may look like she will want to stay in Australia with you,

I have 3 thai friend of my wife and all got tourist visa to Australia under their own, and needed no male partner

A tourist visa says

She wants to visit Australia and look around

She does not need a partner for that

[she has two businesses and a perm address in thailand (ie reason to return to thailand), her own money in the bank]

If the above has been the case for the last 2 3 years or more, she should have no problems on her own

If it has been 6 months or less, My understanding is this is not security for her return

Best of Luck

Hi,

I am looking into getting my Thai gf a tourist visa to visit me in Oz. We can provide evidence of a relationship (albeit a a bit short), I have visited her once in thailand, and will be going again in a few weeks, phone bills emails etc. She has two businesses and a perm address in thailand (IE reason to return to thailand), her own money in the bank etc so I think we have most bases covered. The problem is.. I am only on a 457 Temporary residence visa (I'm from the UK, working here and not planning to leave) and I am not sure if this allows me to sponsor her for the visa. I can show proof of full time employment, payslips etc. Does anyone know if this will cause us a problem?

Thanks in advance.

My story

I offered to sponsored my Thai wifes family members to attend our wedding held in Australia in January 2008. 1 was a niece age 37, one was the daughter of my wifes brother age 22 the other was a friend of the 37 year old and aged 40. OK. I had to fill in general tourist visa forms and show that I was prepared to do for the said people so as to lend weight to them getting the Visa; then send them back to the family members so that they were able to submit to the Australian Embassy Bangkok. The situation for them here in Thailand as follows. the 37 year old had a job and obtained enough money from her family to show that she was able to support herself in Australia for 3 months. the 22 year old is employed by her parents in the Family business and has enough money to support herself. the 40 year old had the money but no job as she had gone back home in Northern Thailand. They needed lots of evidence as to how they knew us and how long they had known us; not too much of a difficult job.

The 37 year old got the visa, the other 2 were refused it. I spoke to the DIMA in Australia telling them the story I just told you; they said as long as she can show that she has the money in the bank to cover herself here in Australia and when she gets back home and that she gets a letter from her Boss/employer that she is returning back to Thailand and has a job to go back to, then she is able to apply for the tourist visa on her own. of course, I was able to show that she/they had a accommodation available here; even so, that wasn't enough for the 2 others to get the visa.

That all Folks!

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

You should check with DIAC first as you only have a 457 temporary visa, this may be a problem if you intend to provide financial assistance and support. She has to comply with the criteria for a 676 visa one of which is a reason to return to Thailand.

His visa is not a problem.....as long as she meets the criteria for her visitors visa...If he acts as an additional funds provider he only needs to show that he is working and earns an amount that would allow him to act in that capacity.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

We help Thai people to get a visa to travel abroad.

I'm preaty sure your gf can get a tourist visa.

[email protected]