• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Immigration Office

- Tourist Police

- A real working Tourist Operator Association

- A better pollution control

- A better safety control for Full Moon (cops, first-aid, etc)

- More controls on motorbike-for-rent shops

- More resorts with real security guards

- Less heroin and Yahbaa

And more... Somebody else add more thinks to do

No more freak-parties, junkeys, ya ba or ma, pills, powder; whatever ; accept may be in; haad rin, so the cops can pair their! Pick-ups ,off.

With a fence around haad rin is a moneymaker. They spend their money there and everybody else have a stressless life. Because most leave the next day for 'certain' reasons!

And we weed somone in charge who wants to do something for the people who live here all year.

To the OT: We need a Tesco like in Samui!!!!! Please!!!!! just a wishfull-thought :D lol

P.S. Wastwatertreatment, wasttreatment(not 'stone-edge-style), we drink no water more fom the island. Look at the dumpsite at the hospitalroad, turn left to Woktum. Nice smell in the rain. And where does the cadmium goes with the rain. Anyway, safe water, drink beer!!! reforestation where the rain drains the soil on yhe coral, killilng them. Ans somebody with enough cash and balls to stand up for this , let;s say: to make life better on this island. If you look hardly, there might be a light at the end of the tunnel. Let's hope that light is not dissapiering like so may others before. Let's do something about it. At least the trash. Politics: Not a slice of a chance. :o

Edited by frankman

Police who actually police (ie law enforcement, regular patrols etc) not just police who show up after the fact and do no prevention whatsoever

Water supply for the entire island, not just the areas closest to Thong Sala

A decent government hospital

Better electric

Proper disposal of garbage, not a garbage dump on a little island with limited space

ditto on angiud's call for tourist police and immigration and frankman's call for wastewater treatment. a real sewage system would be a good thing, esp for Thong Sala which smells to high heaven during the heat of the day.

No more freak-parties, junkeys, ya ba or ma, pills, powder; whatever ; ............. drink beer!!!

to me statements like this just show (to me) how small minded people can be, kind of hypocrite to me, living on the pot no 1 island from Thailand. Similar to the big add "addict's not welcome" on the island and the alcohol problem and addicts on the island under the male locals, local and foreigner. I understand that back "home" there are a lot of short minded people everywhere (as here too), but people going so far and bringing their uneducated (Taliban)-brains with them to such an anarchistic place is just amazing. Hope you get happy here! But pleace put a helmet.

btw: Yesterday there was the biggest rave ever in Germany (and the world) the Loveparade with 1.6 million "ravers" watch out when they start to know about the rave here every month :o:D and thats just germany........hope they find your place

Thong Sala, which smells to high heaven during the heat of the day.

Like that stretch of road in Chaweng....

Because most leave the next day for 'certain' reasons!

What reasons?

What KP needs now is stronger lasers at the full moon parties...

Dozens of partygoers at an outdoor rave near Moscow have been partially blinded after a laser light show burned their retinas, say Russian health officials.

Moscow city health department officials say that 12 cases of laser blindness were recorded at the Central Ophthalmological Clinic in the city. The daily newspaper Kommersant reports that another 17 victims have registered at another hospital in the centre of the capital.

Ravers at the Aquamarine Open Air Festival in Kirzhach, 80 kilometres northeast of Moscow, began seeking medical help days after the show, complaining of eye and vision problems.

"They all have retinal burns, scarring is visible on them. Loss of vision in individual cases is as high as 80%, and regaining it is already impossible," Kommersant quoted a treating ophthalmologist as saying.

Edited by Mark Wolfe

No more freak-parties, junkeys, ya ba or ma, pills, powder; whatever ; ............. drink beer!!!

to me statements like this just show (to me) how small minded people can be, kind of hypocrite to me, living on the pot no 1 island from Thailand. Similar to the big add "addict's not welcome" on the island and the alcohol problem and addicts on the island under the male locals, local and foreigner. I understand that back "home" there are a lot of short minded people everywhere (as here too), but people going so far and bringing their uneducated (Taliban)-brains with them to such an anarchistic place is just amazing. Hope you get happy here! But pleace put a helmet.

Sorry mate, I just think you should relocate, wherever that is. Hope it's very far away! And take a helmet for your short-mindet -taliban-brain. Don't want to damage the alha akba thoughts, do you!? Have a good ONEWAY(!)trip!!! The Watertopic was to complicatet for you. he!? Save water , drink beer(to safe water, it's called a joke, where people think funny!!!.) Have a nice (ONE WAY) flight... :o

Edited by frankman

Yeah, 20 years there were also hippies on the island, but not so <deleted>..ed up caracters like these' have-money-snobs' as in these days . Let's just hope they losse it all. Of course, only what they are able, and willing to loose, of course.

The chances are standing good. Have fun on the game.. :o !

Edited by frankman

Yeah, 20 years there were also hippies on the island, but not so <deleted>..ed up caracters like these' have-money-snobs' as in these days . Let's just hope they losse it all. Of course, only what they are able, and willing to loose, of course.

The chances are standing good. Have fun on the game.. :o !

are you frustrated? smoke one and watch it :D

Sorry guys but did you actually live on Koh Phangan 20 years ago? I did and let me tell you I appreciate 24 hour a day electricity, a hospital (even if is crap) and the option of private clinics, a dentist, banks etc etc.

Sorry guys but did you actually live on Koh Phangan 20 years ago? I did and let me tell you I appreciate 24 hour a day electricity, a hospital (even if is crap) and the option of private clinics, a dentist, banks etc etc.

If you are 20, healthy and love nature, you do not need that or not very often. People were on KPG, because of the absence of citylike infrastructure. Nature and the mood were perfekt, even better than on Samui.

But in case, I think there was a clinic somewhere North of Thong Sala and some small banks in Thong Sala 22 years ago. Samui or Surat Thani were not too far away, too.

Just been a little curious, why did you live on KPG at that time?

I moved to Koh Phangan 20 years ago and have lived there ever since, my husband is local. And no, there were no banks. Money changers yes, but banks no. No phones either. I used a radio phone at the Post office. The 'clinic' you are talking about was the new govt hospital with only one doctor. Also with no electricity during the day. Sure it was great as a tourist but I can tell you the locals appreciated getting things like 24 hour a day electricity. The joys of handwashing one's clothes quickly wears off after a few years.

It's easy to wax nostalgic over the "good old days" but the "good old days" weren't so great if you had to live them day in and day out for years.

SBK I agree with you, I'm living here just a few yrs but to everybody who is talking about 20 yrs ago stop it.

Because you know the so called good old days will never come back so look to the future, okay there is still a lot to improve.

We have to see what is going to happen, and it is beyond our controll because the thais are making the decissions if they do it right is an other question.

We, the farangs are just guest here.

I moved to Koh Phangan 20 years ago and have lived there ever since, my husband is local. And no, there were no banks. Money changers yes, but banks no. No phones either. I used a radio phone at the Post office. The 'clinic' you are talking about was the new govt hospital with only one doctor. Also with no electricity during the day. Sure it was great as a tourist but I can tell you the locals appreciated getting things like 24 hour a day electricity. The joys of handwashing one's clothes quickly wears off after a few years.

It's easy to wax nostalgic over the "good old days" but the "good old days" weren't so great if you had to live them day in and day out for years.

Now is the point, where we could start an endless discussion about the pros and contras of "development" and about all the detailed aspects of that, which brings not only comfort, but also a lot of stress in many different ways.

But maybe we should leave it like that...

Peace

Well, baco, we could also start to discuss so many aspects of your statement, about improvement, the basis and all the sideffects, pros and contras for the locals, guest workers, expats, tourists, about the effects on natur and environment, about the way things were done until now and their effects today and in the future, about the decision makers and their relation to so many different facts, they are depending on, about the position of farangs, guests or not or partly, but I will leave it by that as well. TV is full with such discussions already.

But one thing is very, very clear to me: TV should be an open forum for all opinions and views as long as they do not harm others!

If the good old days should come back, partly or not at all, or if someone would like to build a bridge from KPG to BKK, can be said here!

Your statement is without any room for an open mind. Therefore destructive, intolerant and ignorant.

SBK I agree with you, I'm living here just a few yrs but to everybody who is talking about 20 yrs ago stop it.

Because you know the so called good old days will never come back so look to the future, okay there is still a lot to improve.

We have to see what is going to happen, and it is beyond our controll because the thais are making the decissions if they do it right is an other question.

We, the farangs are just guest here.

QUOTE (frankman @ 2008-07-19 22:04:38) *

your post really makes little sense but if you are suggesting that trying to clean up the island is a bad thing, your attitude kind of disgusts me. it is not for farangs to say that koh phangan should remain drug riddled and anarchistic. while there are a lot of local thais profiting off the drug people and contributing to the anarchy, the majority of the locals hate it. personally, i think in some areas of the island the drugs have gotten out of hand, and made some people volatile and scary. the happy hippie days you obviously are clutching at are fading fast, and that is because the more hardcore people have moved in and there is no one to stop them.