My Girlfriend Visa For Uk

Im looking for some advise.

Im looking at taking my girlfriend back to the uk for a month in March09 but she was born and raised in Thailand but she carries a loas passport since her father is from there. Ive looked all over the net trying to find a site for loas nationals looking for visa for the uk but can only find thai ones is it possibly for me to use a thai visa agency.

Ross

You might want to spell Laos correctly for a start! :D

But the long and the short of it is you have no choice other than to use the god awful UK Visa company in Bangkok as Laos does not have a UK embassy. The lovely UK goverment expects any Lao citizen wanting a UK Visa they have to travel to Bangkok and stay for 3 - 5 days.

They have no postal application ability or even to supply the Biometric details after a postal application has been made ... nothing.

Oh and prepare you wife for sarcastic/racist comments from the UK Visa counter staff and a total lack of interest in assisting her when they see her Lao passport.

.. and to top it all if you complain to UK Embassy they'll send you an apology letter denying that any offense was meant and basically it tough shit .. .. :o

Not that neither me or my wife bear any grudges . . . :D

You might want to spell Laos correctly for a start! :D

But the long and the short of it is you have no choice other than to use the god awful UK Visa company in Bangkok as Laos does not have a UK embassy. The lovely UK goverment expects any Lao citizen wanting a UK Visa they have to travel to Bangkok and stay for 3 - 5 days.

They have no postal application ability or even to supply the Biometric details after a postal application has been made ... nothing.

Oh and prepare you wife for sarcastic/racist comments from the UK Visa counter staff and a total lack of interest in assisting her when they see her Lao passport.

.. and to top it all if you complain to UK Embassy they'll send you an apology letter denying that any offense was meant and basically it tough shit .. .. :o

Not that neither me or my wife bear any grudges . . . :D

As you can see im new to this site (above :o )

Going to bangkok is'nt really a problem as we live in Pattaya for the time being.

Is it a long process to get the visa? How much will it be roughly?

Will I have to put cash into her bank? ive been with her for 2 years and have proof that i have been reguarly putting money into her bank when ive been working abroad.

The cost of the visit visa application is £65.00 payable in baht. If the visa section of the embassy decides that no interview is required, then a decision can be expected within a matter of days. I wouldn't artificially inflate her bank account as this will be apparent to the visa officer and will likely lead to refusal of the visa.

Scouse.