Drunken Foreigner Goes On The Rampage At 5 Star Hotel.

Pattaya_Fox

Drunken Foreigner goes on the rampage at 5 star Hotel.

Pattaya Police received a call from Security Guards working at the Marriott Resort and Spa in South Pattaya in the early hours of Saturday Morning who reported a foreign man who was in a drunken state and had caused some damage to a company vehicle. Arriving at the scene, Police attended to the foreign man who appeared to be of middle-eastern origin but was carrying no forms of identification. He appeared to be unconscious but Guards directed Police to the base of a plant pot which the man apparently threw at a company van causing damage to the bodywork. A police truck soon arrived and took the man to the Police Station where he was locked up on a charge of criminal damage. Later on Saturday he came to a financial settlement with the Hotel to cover the cost of the damage he caused during his drunken episode.

Pattaya One News

19th July 2008

post-15964-1216473110_thumb.jpgpost-15964-1216473137_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1216473161_thumb.jpgpost-15964-1216473185_thumb.jpg

What happened to the good old days when a "real" 5 star Hotel would take care of such an minor incident themselves and not cause any embarassment to the guest??

The staff at this place apparently has a lot to learn - the chap may be middle eastern and having his pic's published which may find their way back to his homeland could cause severe problems for him in the ever more fanatical mouslim world

Rule NO. 1 in a 5 star Hotel has to be to protect the Guest whenever possible and the chap does not look out of control (well he is actually passed out) and the damage minimal - a good Concierge would have taken care of that with ease

It doesn't mention that he was a guest, I reckon he just got ripped off by a ladyboy and took out his pent up pique on the nearest stationary object.

Having said that, if I do decide to go on a 'rampage', I will make sure it is in a quality hotel so everyone who sees my pic will think I am a well-to-do yob :o

Many years ago a girlfriend of mine was working with a PR company that offered tour services to visiting "Stars" in Melbourne, Australia. One of their clients was Jean Claude Van Damne.

After a long night at the discoes, way to much beer and other "ahem" indulgences, for reasons un-known, the "star" went on a "drunken rampage" in the hotel.

Damge bill was in the region of $40k.

However, no-one batted an eyelid, the police were not called, because his PA just covered the damages & apoligised to other guests. :o

Many years ago a girlfriend of mine was working with a PR company that offered tour services to visiting "Stars" in Melbourne, Australia. One of their clients was Jean Claude Van Damne.

After a long night at the discoes, way to much beer and other "ahem" indulgences, for reasons un-known, the "star" went on a "drunken rampage" in the hotel.

However, no-one batted an eyelid, the police were not called, because his PA just covered the damages & apoligised to other guests. :o

Van Damme has admitted to having a long term cocaine problem. He said he spent years in Indonesia off his head on coke. I would have thought that if you have a drug problem indulging in a country with the death penalty for possession isn't the smartest move, but then Van Damme has never seemed the sharpest tool in the shed.

On the original topic: the biggest surprise to me on opening the thread was to read that the drunken yob wan't British.

Van Damme has admitted to having a long term cocaine problem. He said he spent years in Indonesia off his head on coke. I would have thought that if you have a drug problem indulging in a country with the death penalty for possession isn't the smartest move, but then Van Damme has never seemed the sharpest tool in the shed.

On the original topic: the biggest surprise to me on opening the thread was to read that the drunken yob wan't British.

Yes, it makes a change, and for that I'm grateful.

I say !.. i resemble that remark :D

What happened to the good old days when a "real" 5 star Hotel would take care of such an minor incident themselves and not cause any embarassment to the guest??

The staff at this place apparently has a lot to learn - the chap may be middle eastern and having his pic's published which may find their way back to his homeland could cause severe problems for him in the ever more fanatical mouslim world

Rule NO. 1 in a 5 star Hotel has to be to protect the Guest whenever possible and the chap does not look out of control (well he is actually passed out) and the damage minimal - a good Concierge would have taken care of that with ease

Maybe the fellow wasn't such a good guest. Perhaps he was given to yelling at the staff as some guests from certain countries are prone to do. For all you know, the staff tried to handle it nicely and he gave them some attitude.

In any case, the first duty of the staff is to the safety and care of the other guests. The staff have nothing to learn and most likely followed the rules of procedure in place for that hotel. If some drunken oaf was tossing rocks around at a hotel I was staying out, I'd expect the staff to call the police and deal with the idiot. Staying in a hotel doesn't mean you get special rights to disturb people and cause damage. In any case, who cares? He means nothing to me and I doubt anyone will shed a tear over his plight.